Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Onion: MLB Promises Next Season Will Be Even More Predictable

GrimReefa

Football is playoffs from week 1. Every game counts... and they ALWAYS leave you wanting more. As for baseball?... by June I am so sick and effing tired of highlights on ESPN I could puke.

Number 10 in the top 10 plays, another random infielder makes another diving catch and throws out the baserunner in another meaningless game. Yay for baseball!

Number 9 in the top 10 plays, another random infielder makes another leaping grab to snag a line drive. Yay for baseball!

Number 8 in the top 10 plays, another random outfielder makes a sliding catch in another meaningless game. Way to put your body on the line for absolutely nothing!! Yay for baseball!

Number 3 in the top 10 plays, another random infielder makes another diving catch and throws out the baserunner in another meaningless game. Yay for baseball!

Number 2 in the top 10 plays, another random infielder makes another leaping grab to snag a line drive. Yay for baseball!

And number 1 in the top 10 plays, another random outfielder makes a sliding catch in another meaningless game. Way to put your body on the line for absolutely nothing!! Yay for baseball!

Wash, rinse, repeat, EVERY SPORTSCENTER until the NFL comes back on and there are some good highlights to show. Horrid.

I agree about the schedule. It's a marathon though, not a sprint. It's designed to show what teams hold up over an extended period of time. Like I said in my previous post, the season separates the pretenders from the contenders. Orioles this year? Well, if it was an 80 game season, they'd be in the playoffs. Too bad it's a marathon and not a sprint.

Because I know I love to watch TVs coverage of the Boston marathon every year. Its so fun to watch people slowly jogging through the streets of Boston. I mean, what excitement! What anticipation! Will he take too long grabbing that cup of gatorade, and lose his momentum? I'm on the edge of my seat, biting my nails here! Marathons are boring.

It is so fun to watch the Orioles do so well for 9000 games, then get two or three injuries, and then lose the next 18,000 games. Man, that is so exciting! I can't wait for next season!

Not to mention, in the NFL, every point counts. In the NFL, every turnover counts, every fantastic play counts towards field position. In baseball, some outfielder makes a diving catch for the first out in the inning. Whoop-dee-friggin-do. There's 26 more outs in the game, and 160 more games. Oh my...I can hardly contain myself.

Baseball is second only to Bowling on the list of sports ESPN should stop covering in favor of rugby. Now that is an exciting sport.

:rotflmao:

dude that was hilarious....

:D Sportscenter's top 10 plays are ridiculous during baseball season! Its the same friggin' play over and over! Man...I can only tolerate Sportscenter during football season, and then only on Sundays and Mondays (and Tuesday mornings) because that's when football takes over the top 10 plays!

Baseball sucks!

The Blue Jays are a really good team? Really? Then why did they go 80-82, and finish 15 games behind the Red Sox and Yankees?

hmm could it be that their ace was hurt all season :doh:

it is clear you have no clue about baseball

Baseball is more theatre then the NFL in the playoffs. What is predictable is watching Indy destroy Denver in the first round and then lose to NE or Pittsburg in the championship games.

The great thing about the baseball playoffs is you know who the best team really is after 7 games, in the NFL the game can be over before it starts.

I like baseball a lot but MLB deperately needs a salary cap. The Onion nailed this one. I'll always want to watch my Cubbies but watching the Red Sox and Yankees every year gets boring. If you said the Angels, White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, Braves, Astros (not the Padres) are going to make the playoffs next year, you'd probably hit 6 out of 7. What's the point?

The great thing about the baseball playoffs is you know who the best team really is after 7 games, in the NFL the game can be over before it starts.

which makes the NFL unpredictable, right?

Which makes the rest of your post... well,, ummm... wrong. :silly:

Archived