Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fed Ex or RFK?

mcarey032

I am sure that me being new to the message board, this thread has probably already been run. I am curious as to what people think about Fed Ex. I heard it said on the broadcast that it was the loudest anyone had ever heard it at Fed EX. I have been to many games at Fed EX and I was never really impressed with noise level. I thought that it never could rival RFK's. I personally can't stand that monstrosity! In my opinion, they should do away with the climate control for the fans and put those butts in the seats. It seems that whenever I am at a game, the club level is almost empty and there is so much distraction in the stadium that we never get the optimal noise level we need to make it as hard as possible for the opposition. Not to mention the fact that you would never see more opposition fans at RFK. At Fed EX it feels like an eagles or cowboys home game! RFK there wasn't a bad seat in the house and that place rocked when we won games. It was totally an unpleasant place to play for the opposition. I know that the lease isn't up for another 14 or whatever years, but if the Redskins decided to build a new stadium, where should it be and how big should it be? I vote for no bars and just have the similar set up that you had at RFK. No sort of class restriction. Just fans getting together on Sunday routing for the best bloody team in football!

Been to the club level a few times, but it seems like the last thing people care about it football on that level. It seems that they care more about the weather and getting a good martini instead of making it hard for the opposition. What's the point of homefield advantage?

Actually Jack Kent Cooke built FedEx. Remember when it was called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium (nicknamed "The Big Jack") and was located in Raljon, MD, a fictional place named after his two sons?

Jack wanted a new stadium so he could have suites and club seats and generate more revenue. At the time, RFK was the 2nd or 3rd smallest stadium in the NFL.

Archived