Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

its a long season guys

bsmsss

i wouldnt get so confident right now

yes we are 3-0-but we could be 0-3 if orton doesnt throw int,cowboys dont forget to play a cover 2 and brown hits his fgs

remember when we were 7-1 and didnt make the playoffs--or the vikes being 5-1 and didnt make the playoffs

its a long yr

we arent a dominant team in any way--just like we have caught some nice breaks to be 3-0--we might be on the opposite end of those breaks in the next 4 weeks and suddenly be 3-4

so its better to stay quiet and not beat your chest- dont tell the media they were wrong-- dont tell guys like carter he is an idiot etc

let it play out--if we do make the playoffs then we can rip everyone --but if we dont(which is still highly possible) then we will be slammed by everyone and rightfully so

Yes it's a long season. We're 3-0 and we got that way by fighting "tooth and nail" for it.

I don't think anyone here is over confident but I think alot of fans finally see this team is headed in the right direction and that gives them something to be proud of.

I think you may just be reading more into the give and take with the Bronco trolls than there actually is.

Most fans here don't believe that we're rolling over anybody. In fact,I believe I have seen more statements that basically claim this will be a hard fought game and that we definitely have our hands full. Just like the last three games. :2cents:

yes we are 3-0-but we could be 0-3 if orton doesnt throw int,cowboys dont forget to play a cover 2 and brown hits his fgs

remember when we were 7-1 and didnt make the playoffs--or the vikes being 5-1 and didnt make the playoffs

its a long yr

we arent a dominant team in any way--just like we have caught some nice breaks to be 3-0--we might be on the opposite end of those breaks in the next 4 weeks and suddenly be 3-4

so its better to stay quiet and not beat your chest- dont tell the media they were wrong-- dont tell guys like carter he is an idiot etc

let it play out--if we do make the playoffs then we can rip everyone --but if we dont(which is still highly possible) then we will be slammed by everyone and rightfully so

Yes, however:

1) Orton did throw the INT.

2) Roy Williams did get burned.

3) Brown didn't make his FG.

GO SKINS!

-PortisFan101 :logo:

its a long yr

noticed the Carter reference. I assume it's in response to the thread I started earlier. I never said anything rude nor inappropriate to him.

I actually agree wholeheartedly with your approach.

That is the wrong way to look at it... what if we would have just started Brunell all along...

None of those games would have been that close and we wouldn't be doubting ourselves now.

Hey, we could (although I don't think we will) lose this week and still be a playoff bound team. You can't make up for all that lost time in training camp in only a few weeks.

Now what if Arrington and Taylor would just get with the program...

Way to piss on my parade. Just kidding, I know we could easily be 0-3 but in today's NFL you've got to celebrate while you're on top. I don't see anyone beating their chests and going nuts on this board, just a lot of good spirited rowdiness from the fans of the NFC East's only undefeated ball club. The way our system is set up (dominant D, run the ball, complete 3rd downs, time of possession, minimize turnovers and penalties) I think we look better than a lot, and I mean A LOT of people give us credit for. So I'll piss back on your parade of self loathing, "we could be 0-3, remember the 7-1 to 9-7 season"...There's a reason we're not 0-3 we're a pretty good football team, alright, a pretty good team...that's all I've said, I'm not Theisman picking us for the Superbowl, but we've got a shot man, so enjoy it...you damn nihilist. :doh:

All the team can do is all they can do. They've played 3 games and won three games. You can't ask for better where it counts - in the W/L column. That's plenty of reason to be excited around here - but, just as the team is doing, I'll take it one game at a time.

After watching all those games where the breaks went the other way, I'll take all the long overdue ones' coming our way now.

The mental mistakes are going away, the team concept is back, and yes, we are a little lucky. What team that makes the playoffs doesn't have a little luck over the course of their season?!

the argument that the season is still to be won is valid but the examples cited here are off the mark.

the 1996 team that started 7-1 and finished 9-7 did not have a quality defense. that team also had a first-time starting qb in Gus Frerotte that had not to that point shown he could produce under pressure. No one will ever confuse Frerotte's career with Brunell's. The 1996 team did not have a receiver of Santana Moss' explosiveness or quality.

so, in my mind this 2005 team is light years ahead of the 1996 team.

we shall see what happens as the games are played but there is no reason to believe this team can't split the Denver/KC games and come home and beat the 49ers to go 5-1.

This is the first time in years we have been able to enterANY game with a chance of winning. Why you gotta spoil the fun?

oh yes...and if "ifs" and "buts" were candies and nuts..oh what a Christmas it would be. :silly:

Definitely agree with you there. whoever started this thread forgets that they are on a message board for REDSKINS FANS. Forgive us if we root for our team and want big things for them, Im proud of my Skins and think they have the same chance any other team in the NFL has. Ever heard the phrase "Any given Sunday"? Just because someone squatted in your wheaties, dont go squatting in ours.

Archived