Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PTI: Redskins vs Seahawks

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Tony: The only 3-0 team in the NFL right now is the Washington Redskins. They have beaten 3 different opponents by a total of, hello, SIX points. 2 better than Chicago, 1 better than Dallas, and 3 better than Seattle yesterday. That’s not exactly a steamroller, is it Wilbon? So tell me this – The Washington Redskins – Unbelievably lucky, or a Juggernaught in the making?

Mike: Could be both Tony, I believe in this theory, a philosophy. Joe Gibbs I learned from a long time ago from when I was a KID reporter, this adage: First you Win then you Get Good. I think the Redskins, by winning these games is being on the proper SIDE of those outcomes. How many times over the last 15 years have you and I gone to these Redskin games and watched them LOSE the kind of game they won yesterday?

Tony: There have been coaches Norv Turner, Mary Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier and even Gibbs last year, who would lose these games all the time. The fact that Gibbs has won 3 in a row, close games, THAT’S more than ALL those guys won, in terms of winning close games. And the difference so far is Mark Brunell. Who was horrendous last year, and threw ground balls all the time. And since 4 minutes to go in the Dallas game, has looked great. He looked great yesterday against Seattle, but they’re also so lucky! If Seattle makes that field goal, they’re done they lose! In the last second of the game.

Mike: Hey! You know what? But they DIDN’T. And now that game is in the W department. And they got a schedule which is not horrific. They get teams like the 49ers and Raiders at home.

Tony: Yeah but woah woah, yeah but they have to go…

Mike: They have to go to Philly…

Tony: They have to go on the road to Denver and on the road to Kansas City. Do they win those??

Mike: They can win one…..Tony, with that defense they don’t have to have the quarterback be John Elway. Just pretty good.

While we're asking, I'd like two wins, please. And a sandwich.

I'm with you!! I think tthe Denver game will be the difference maker. If we can win, even a close lucky win, I think KC will be where we break out offensively. I don't know why really, mostly steam roll effect. I just see the combo of Seattle and Denver being enough to make most other teams sit up and take notice of the rest of the offense and not just key in on Portis. Once the threat of our receivers becomes real to the rest of the league, big things are going to happen!

if we are asking lets ask for wins at both denver and KC. i for one am tired of all the sports writers and their need to be right. of course they say we can win "one". with our D and our record chances are we will win one of the two next games. it is also a way for the damned writers to sound as if they know something. and if we lost both games they can fall back on all the negative things from the past.

when did sports writers become the same as news writers, hedging their bets and playing it safe so they never appear to be incorrect. how asinine.

if we are asking lets ask for wins at both denver and KC. i for one am tired of all the sports writers and their need to be right. of course they say we can win "one". with our D and our record chances are we will win one of the two next games. it is also a way for the damned writers to sound as if they know something. and if we lost both games they can fall back on all the negative things from the past.

when did sports writers become the same as news writers, hedging their bets and playing it safe so they never appear to be incorrect. how asinine.

I think you are looking at this from the wrong viewpoint. They aren't news reporters, they are debators. They aren't supposed to dwell on the fact their predictions were off. They man up to it, and move on. If you don't like it, don't read it. They are a generalized debate team, not reporters. Reporters tell you how it is, like the associated press. Associated press is like a machine, no opinions. These guys have personality and give their qualified opinions of things. They've lived sports every day for decades. They may be wrong sometimes, but it isn't the end of the world.

Wilbon and Kornheiser sounded very positive throughout this whole segment. They both like the Redskins. Always have. Even when Kornheiser mentioned how we were lucky to win this game, he sounded like it would have bummed him out if we lost. Wilbon OPTIMISTICALLY said we could win at least 1 of the next two. They were by no means bashing the Redskins.

I think you just want anybody with an opinion to say we're a great team, which is not the case.

I think you are looking at this from the wrong viewpoint. They aren't news reporters, they are debators. They aren't supposed to dwell on the fact their predictions were off. They man up to it, and move on. If you don't like it, don't read it. They are a generalized debate team, not reporters. Reporters tell you how it is, like the associated press. Associated press is like a machine, no opinions. These guys have personality and give their qualified opinions of things. They've lived sports every day for decades. They may be wrong sometimes, but it isn't the end of the world.

Wilbon and Kornheiser sounded very positive throughout this whole segment. They both like the Redskins. Always have. Even when Kornheiser mentioned how we were lucky to win this game, he sounded like it would have bummed him out if we lost. Wilbon OPTIMISTICALLY said we could win at least 1 of the next two. They were by no means bashing the Redskins.

I think you just want anybody with an opinion to say we're a great team, which is not the case.

i think that you missed my point or i did not state it correctly. my problem is they talk without actually saying anything half the time. i dont need anyone to tell me the Skins are great. i already know we are on the path to greatness. go back and read Wilbons article concerning the rivalry with dallas BEFORE the MN game. he basically wrote us off with his negativity. IMO most writers are concerned with appearing knowledgable above all else. to me Tony is more realistic than most but Wilbon simply hedges his bets.

Archived