Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Heupel.

Art

Just mentioning his name. McNown is in Miami and Heupel is a goner. McNown has phyiscal skills to play a solid WCO. He lacks any intangibles. Heupel seems to have the intangibles, but lacks physical talent. What he does have in talent does tend to be suited for the WCO. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Redskins name associated with him once he's cut by the Dolphins. It's late in the game for him, but, as a practice squad guy, one never knows.

Heupel to me is like Danny Wuerffel. Not in terms of physical similarity or playing style, just in that he is a competitor and a guy who is just a little short on what it takes to make it at the NFL level.

If this were just a game of heart and tenacity these guys would probably do quite well. But that 20 yard out pattern seems to draw a lot of these sailors to their deaths on the rocks in the NFL, aye matey? smile.gif

To me Heuple has far more talent than Weurffel .. what many people don't realize is the guy was nursing an elbow injury the entire second half of the season and ou wanted to keep it quiet and not bring it to anyones attention. i am a huge ou fan and have followed him the last two years and no he couldnt be an nfl starter but I would consider him a step above Sage Rosenfels despite the difference in when the two were drafted.

------------------

The Redskins HQ Forum

RedskinsHQ.com

Guest 6'1 but 6'9 with the Afro

I had no idea that a personality was a prerequisite for being a decent NFL quarterback

Archived