Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official game thread Seahawks at Redskins

Pete

I'm shocked.. utterly shocked.. We may not be winning games by much but this is the difference between good and bad teams in the NFL. We've pulled out of 3 close games that we would have found a way to lose in any other year.

Game ball goes to 3 people today: Mark Brunnel, Santana Moss, and Seahawks Kicker Josh Brown.

I disagree with the Seattle kicker. It was not his fault the Seahwaks made no effort to get any closer when they got the ball on the 30. 47 yards is a long figgie, and he hit a 53 yarder earlier. This loss was not his fault.

What worries me is the running game down the stretch. We're suppossed to be a grind it out, wear them down type of offense. I don't think our offensive line is playing great yet..hopefully things will come together but we had too many zero, negative or 1 yard runs meaning that we're not getting enough push with our guys up front..

I disagree with the Seattle kicker. It was not his fault the Seahwaks made no effort to get any closer when they got the ball on the 30. 47 yards is a long figgie, and he hit a 53 yarder earlier. This loss was not his fault.

Yeah except that he missed two 47 yarders which aren't easy field goals by any means but are definitely makeable. As you mentioned he did hit a 53 yarder. And Seattle did try to move the ball closer but they didn't throw the ball cause the last thing they wanted was a turnover like the one we committed.

Just now signing in to read all of your posts. What a squeaker! They robbed Moss of his TD but Royal got it back. I don't blame Brunell as much for tthe late INT as the tv analysts did. It was a poor throw, but the tip-up by CP (not that I blame Clinton) was unfortunate.

I must say I had a very good feeling about the FG attempt by Seattle's kicker at the end of regulation. FOX went to a close-up of him right before the snap. His eyes were open a little too wide and he was gasping for air as though he was trying to shake off a choking churn in his gut. I said to myself, "Wait- this kids gonna miss it." :)

Now I'm off to read all the threads and check out everyone's opinions of the game...

:point2sky :applause: :point2sky

What worries me is the running game down the stretch. We're suppossed to be a grind it out, wear them down type of offense. I don't think our offensive line is playing great yet..hopefully things will come together but we had too many zero, negative or 1 yard runs meaning that we're not getting enough push with our guys up front..

True. I'm allso have a bad feeling about Portis that he may not get the produtive yards to win a game.He can explode for a seven yard scamper,then next a one yard loss like 3rd and 1.Gotta get points on the ground.

True. I'm allso have a bad feeling about Portis that he may not get the produtive yards to win a game.He can explode for a seven yard scamper,then next a one yard loss like 3rd and 1.Gotta get points on the ground.

I'm hoping they get this figured out but ever since the Chicago game, we haven't seen a consistent running game. What is very encouraging is Brunnel.. he's a very calm leader, doesn't make too many mistakes, is very consistent and has saved us with his wheels in 2 games straight. And of course Moss who is just a bad ass and is ice under pressure.

Thank you Pete for taking over. :kiss:

Blondie was NOT asleep.

She was representing the B&G at FedEx today!!

And did I represent!!!

I will write more later and post pics once I get back to Texas.

I promise to get back to the game plan next week.

Blondie

Archived