Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

View from the Other Side: Seattle Seahawks (Merged 2X)

Om

He's another example of someone talking about something they don't know about:

If I'm not mistaken, our line didn't do a very good job putting pressure on the QB last year, so making the statement that Springs was only good because of DL play is ridiculous.

When I state line I talk about the front seven. And yes he was a product of that. When Springs get most of his INT's, comming off the blitz. I watched the guy play since 97. He is certianly in his right role at D.C. then in the role we had him in here.

He's another example of someone talking about something they don't know about:

If I'm not mistaken, our line didn't do a very good job putting pressure on the QB last year, so making the statement that Springs was only good because of DL play is ridiculous.

Heavy Jumbo - they're talking about our defensive lineman Shawn Springs - you know, the guy who led our defense in sacks last season. He's the reason our overrated cornerback was able to lead our defense in interceptions.

Heavy Jumbo - they're talking about our defensive lineman Shawn Springs - you know, the guy who led our defense in sacks last season. He's the reason our overrated cornerback was able to lead our defense in interceptions.

Ya know, your post might actually make sense if Shawn hadn't played here in Seattle for years...believe us...we know what position he plays:whoknows:

It doesnt really matter if the fans are over confident.. does it? Yes I belive our D will knock you guys silly but then I could be wrong!! I dont believe we are going to blow anyone out, not with this Offense :-(.. But I dont see how most of you on your site think that you can come over to Fedex where you have lost over and over, a team that sucks on the road (you know its the truth) and actually say that you are going to torch us.. I see this as a close game going either way!! But what I really want is for this Defense to play like last year and knock people around silly!!

Interesting statement regarding the Seahawks sucking on the road. Im just curious, what is the foundation for that statement. The Seahawks were .500 on the road last year, the league average was 43%. I don't think that supports the claim that they "suck on the road". The year before one could at least argue that they sucked on the road, they were 2 and 6, but if one goes back the year before that they were again 4 and 4.

As to losing in Fedex, I would say there are only two samples, that one would be hard pressed to draw a conclusion from two games about what impact playing in Fedex will have on the Seahawks, especially since both games were rather close. I don't think the phrase over and over really accurately describes the situation.

I don't know much about the Redskin's defense, other than the fact that you're ranked 3rd in the NFL and that it is your rushing defense that has been called outstanding. I know that last year the Seahawks had trouble against stout aggressive defenses, an example being the Tampa Bay game, but at the same time, that was last year and if I recall correctly Shaun Alexander was injured (knee injury) and was not all that effective in the game.

I expect a close game, I think where it will be decided is if the Seahawks can maintain drives with it's short 3 drop passing plays. Which means the Seahawks will probably win if they execute their west coast offense effectively and their receivers don't drop the ball.

I saw parts of the Dallas game you all played. Your offense, but for those two long bombs, uh...sucked. I think it will have to do better to beat the Seahawks. But then again I could easily be wrong.

Rigelian

Greetings 'skins fans!

I think this is a statement game for both teams. Neither team proved anything with their wins yet this year. The winner of this game will have a tremendous confidence boost.

As is the case with most games, the battle will be waged in the trenches, and the game will go to the team that wins those battles on the line of scrimmage. I haven't seen the Redskins play, so I'm really only repeating what I've heard or read. From what I understand your OL is struggling which has been linked to the difficulties your offense has been having. While our DL hasn't been spectacular, it's been pretty solid, and has improved (like the whole team) from week to week. If they can contain Portis without bringing up a safety your offense may have difficulty moving the chains. Considering the sacks that you have given up, I'm sure they don't want to be in the position of having to play catch up like they did with Dallas. The Seahawks have shown the ability to get after the QB this year which could spell real trouble for Brunell if the if he's forced to win the game with his arm.

The challenge on defense the Redskins will have will be containing Alexander when he is running behind our Pro-Bowl left side (Jones and Hutchinson). Also, Hasselbeck seems to be better this year at picking up blitz and coverage packages to hit the hot routes. So far, our receivers have been great at making the catch as well this year.

Bottom line, I think the first team to 20 wins this game. I'm picking the Seahawks 21-17 with the final score in the final 4 minutes of the game.

Enjoy the game. You can find me hanging at Seahawks.Net

AK

Your offense is weird. Aside from those two bombs from Brunell to Moss, there's been a WHOLE lotta nothing. Your franchise RB doesn't have a touchdown this season, which is really bizarre for a Gibbs team.

What I do know is that you also have quite possibly the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. Gregg Williams doesn't work with the injury excuse, the age excuse...he just puts squads together that will sack your fair city! Much, much much respect there.

I have it a close one, decided by the inevitable Shaun Alexander breakout run...and if Holmgren gives up on the run too soon, he should be shipped to Egypt.

Seattle 17

Washington 12

Your offense is weird. Aside from those two bombs from Brunell to Moss, there's been a WHOLE lotta nothing. Your franchise RB doesn't have a touchdown this season, which is really bizarre for a Gibbs team.

What I do know is that you also have quite possibly the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. Gregg Williams doesn't work with the injury excuse, the age excuse...he just puts squads together that will sack your fair city! Much, much much respect there.

I have it a close one, decided by the inevitable Shaun Alexander breakout run...and if Holmgren gives up on the run too soon, he should be shipped to Egypt.

Seattle 17

Washington 12

Well said but dont pick SA to win the game for you, he is not going to do anything spectacular.. His style of running is to avoid contact, run to the left of the line!! Once he gets a full dose of smash mouth hits from his blind side he ll realize he is going to be a long day for him!! If your going to beat us you have to beat us with your passing game!! Its not going to happen, our house, east coast and above all 90k of rabid fans!!

When I state line I talk about the front seven. And yes he was a product of that. When Springs get most of his INT's, comming off the blitz. I watched the guy play since 97. He is certianly in his right role at D.C. then in the role we had him in here.

So why not state front 7 then? The LINE refers to the DEFENSIVE LINE.

Oh, and, uh......welcome ;)

I don't think I've ever met a Seahawks fan in real life... are we sure these guys aren't just bots, or perhaps members of the Seattle front office putting on a good front? ;)

I think the bye week is the key here. We've had two weeks to rest and prepare for Seattle. We're at home, after a big win. The crowd is going to be pretty pumped up. Yes, the offense has been lethargic - but if it's going to break out, now is the time.

I'd be pretty pessimistic about my chances here if I were a Seahawks fan. No offense, but I really don't think this should be a close game - I expect Washington to win by at least 7.

I don't think I've ever met a Seahawks fan in real life... are we sure these guys aren't just bots, or perhaps members of the Seattle front office putting on a good front? ;)

I think the bye week is the key here. We've had two weeks to rest and prepare for Seattle. We're at home, after a big win. The crowd is going to be pretty pumped up. Yes, the offense has been lethargic - but if it's going to break out, now is the time.

I'd be pretty pessimistic about my chances here if I were a Seahawks fan. No offense, but I really don't think this should be a close game - I expect Washington to win by at least 7.

You gotta get out more! :D

I'm not pessimistic at all about this game. I'm excited, like I would be for any game. The Redskins are tough, but far from perfect. I expect it to be a close game, but it could also turn into a blowout in either team's favor. Yes, that means I think it's possible for the Seahawks to blow out the Redskins in FedEx. But the Seahawks aren't perfect either, and there could be a blowout in the other direction as well. Neither of those scenarios are likely -- I expect it to be close. But...

That's why they play the game. :cheers:

I'm not pessimistic at all about this game. I'm excited, like I would be for any game. The Redskins are tough, but far from perfect. I expect it to be a close game, but it could also turn into a blowout in either team's favor. Yes, that means I think it's possible for the Seahawks to blow out the Redskins in FedEx. But the Seahawks aren't perfect either, and there could be a blowout in the other direction as well. Neither of those scenarios are likely -- I expect it to be close. But...

I think it could end up close, but I suspect it won't be close. Typically the Redskins enter games like this with the uncanny ability to rip out a classic 7-turnover, 15-penalty effort all but ending the game after a quarter, then spending the rest of the time mildly closing the gap.

This game will, to me, go like this, or, go another, rare way for the Redskins. It will go the way of no turnovers and limited penalties and an actual, honest-to-goodness well-played effort. IF it goes that way with the emotion of the crowd, the game could be over by halftime in our favor while we get the joy of watching you guys spend the rest of the day doing exactly what we've long done in games just like this.

The Redskins can't emerge from being an average or worse team until they solidify a good win with another. Especially at home. Just this once it could happen.

So basically, what you're saying is that this game will either be a blowout by the Skins, a close game won by the Skins, a close game won by Seattle, or a blowout by Seattle?

Hard to argue with that. :)

Excellent llooking out for the good guys Om.

My favorite quote from them:

"and if Holmgren gives up on the run too soon, he should be shipped to Egypt. " - dfarrar777

The key to stopping this team is stopping the run... :obvious:

I'm still not satisfied with their reply to your counter of what they plan if Hass gets taken out. They don't have a Plan B (Ramsey), so just ignore the issue and describe how improbable the scenario is.

Here's to hoping we don't need to "doff" our caps.

I have been reading Seahawk message boards on and off this week and I found the majority of fans are very intelligent and NFL knowledgeable, not any real flamers. I had to register to join the board listed below, but I came across 2 I had to share, the first one made me fall out of my chair.

redskins DT out on IR

Posted: 9/29/2005 12:33 pm

noble is gone for the year this should help this sunday plus they have 2 new kickers so we are running out of excuses not to win and dominate the redskins.

http://www.stateoffootball.com/MBThread.aspx?GroupID=1&ID=5076

Re: week 4 predictions?

Posted: 9/26/2005 3:34 pm

Jags fan here. You guys will smoke Washington.

Hawks 27

Skins 10

The same Jags fan posted this also:

Re: week 4 predictions?

Posted: 9/29/2005 11:28 am

Yeah, struggling offense is the understatement of the year. The Skins are not so good on offense. Hawks take this one easily and this is from an objective observer. I wish we had the Skins on our schedule.

http://www.stateoffootball.com/mbthread.aspx?pg=2&ID=5028&GroupID=1

It gave me a chuckle so I thought I would share it.

I'll explain exactly what this supposed Jags fan is..

He's a bandwagoner.

Redskins sucked, he got pissed and moved to being a baltimore fan during their superbowl run.. Now they've sucked and he's pissed and moved to rooting for the Jags.. Guys like this make their move before the Jags get REALLY good that way when they do, he can say he's been a fan all along.. Looks to me like the Jags will be deep play off contenders soon if not this year.

This is why I don't bother talking to fans of other teams that much. When people start talking about putting up all kinds of points on a defense that hasn't allowed that many points over the last season and into this season, I know they really don't know what they're talking about. Seattle might very well win the game, but it isn't going to be cause they scored all kinds of points.

Archived