Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IS not trading Ramsey going to boost his confidence?

boobiemiles

It depends. If Brunell plays well -- not just well in spots -- and Ramsey doesn't see the field again, I think he's gone at the end of the year as Campbell, then, would be your No. 2 and you'd have a third string QB you'd take and start developing.

If Ramsey and his agent create a lot of drama about wanting to be moved this year, it could also facilitate him being gone in the off season. I think the only way Ramsey remains on the roster next year is if he plays again and plays well enough to make trading him seem like a bad move to most of us.

But, I think the team will WANT a QB with a year experience in reserve for Campbell in 2007 so, someone would seem likely to be out at this position in the off season this year.

The best-case scenario would be to play Ramsey this year, and after the season, keep Ramsey and convince Brunell to retire. If Ramsey plays well enough to secure the starting spot, sign him to an extension and draft another young QB to develop. If he struggles, sign another veteran who is better, younger and cheaper than Brunell to start next year, with Ramsey and Campbell as the backups.

AJ,

You're fighting a losing argument here. I was livid about what I thought was a kneejerk reaction regarding the QB situation. I was there at the Titans game when Ramsey came out and abolutley lit up a good Tennessee secondary. I thought "This kid is going to be our starter for a long time"

Then change in regime. Spurrier out, Gibbs returns. While I don;t think that Patrick got a fair shake either, I also think that Gibbs did have enough time to evaluate his qb situation. I think that Coach's biggest mistake was announcing to the world that Patrick would be the starter at the end of last season, while not really convinced that Patrick was his guy.

Now flash forward to this season... Patrick has a rough preseason, and a rough start in the Chicago game prior to his head almost getting torn off.

Week two.... mired in depression and loathing for my beloved Redskins at this switch, I make the trip to Dallas expecting us to get killed. I put up with the fans in the stands and that dump of a Stadium that the Pukes play in.

13-0 with 4 minutes to play, 100 degrees, sweating out the beer just about as fast as I could drink it.....I start to think that a trip back to my nice air conditioned room and a beer that doesn't cost 7-8 bucks would be great about now.

Then I decide "Nah, Hell I planned this trip in April when the schedule came out. I'm staying."

Then it happened. 40 yard touchdown on 4th and 15. I thought "Hmm this is interesting" Then the absolute strike of 70 yards that made 50k + Pukes fans collective jaw hit the floor.

ELATION!!!!!

My point is, Gibbs is making it so his team wins football games. He knows that the offensive output of the past two games has not been good. However, he believes that Brunell gives us the best chance to win.

While I may or may not agree with him, I have suffered through the Norv Turner days, and I just want wins at this point.

If Ramsey gets traded or if he stays to finish out his contract, he will go elsewhere, eventually, and do well. It might not be in Washington, but I will root for him just like I still root for Trent Green. As long as he isn't in our division.

:2cents:

Sorry for the long post, but it sure felt good getting that off of my chest! :cheers:

AJ,

You're fighting a losing argument here. I was livid about what I thought was a kneejerk reaction regarding the QB situation. I was there at the Titans game when Ramsey came out and abolutley lit up a good Tennessee secondary. I thought "This kid is going to be our starter for a long time"

Then change in regime. Spurrier out, Gibbs returns. While I don;t think that Patrick got a fair shake either, I also think that Gibbs did have enough time to evaluate his qb situation. I think that Coach's biggest mistake was announcing to the world that Patrick would be the starter at the end of last season, while not really convinced that Patrick was his guy.

Now flash forward to this season... Patrick has a rough preseason, and a rough start in the Chicago game prior to his head almost getting torn off.

Week two.... mired in depression and loathing for my beloved Redskins at this switch, I make the trip to Dallas expecting us to get killed. I put up with the fans in the stands and that dump of a Stadium that the Pukes play in.

13-0 with 4 minutes to play, 100 degrees, sweating out the beer just about as fast as I could drink it.....I start to think that a trip back to my nice air conditioned room and a beer that doesn't cost 7-8 bucks would be great about now.

Then I decide "Nah, Hell I planned this trip in April when the schedule came out. I'm staying."

Then it happened. 40 yard touchdown on 4th and 15. I thought "Hmm this is interesting" Then the absolute strike of 70 yards that made 50k + Pukes fans collective jaw hit the floor.

ELATION!!!!!

My point is, Gibbs is making it so his team wins football games. He knows that the offensive output of the past two games has not been good. However, he believes that Brunell gives us the best chance to win.

While I may or may not agree with him, I have suffered through the Norv Turner days, and I just want wins at this point.

If Ramsey gets traded or if he stays to finish out his contract, he will go elsewhere, eventually, and do well. It might not be in Washington, but I will root for him just like I still root for Trent Green. As long as he isn't in our division.

:2cents:

Sorry for the long post, but it sure felt good getting that off of my chest! :cheers:

You know what, it's you people who are over the edge. You can't even read what I posted with a clear mind. THINK about what I said before you go off on another blahblahblah rant about the QBs. I said best-case scenario. Brunell is not worth what we're paying him, and he won't last very long. We still don't know what we have in Ramsey. Even even if he doesn't light it up, we have him under contract and he knows the offense, so he would be a valuable backup next year, especially given that his trade value is unikely to be very high in any event.

I know that Brunnell threw two really good passes, beat dallas and, to some on here, that constitutes a great season and puts Brunnell right up there with the things that folk lures are made of, but I have a sneaking suspicion that many Brunnell fans will be turning their backs on him again real soon. It probably wont be against Seattle but I think at some point during the Denver or KC games we will begin hearing calls for Ramsey, and probably some for Cambell, again. :2cents:

I'm not so sure Ramsey is done here just yet, I know that it may look that way, but I'm not so sure JG is sold on Brunell. Brunell has not made enough consecutive mistakes for JG to even think about pulling him. PR in the Chicago game had recievers running open down the field and never found them. I believe he was pulled due to still having some diffuclty understanding the offense. I only say that because I was at the Chicago game, and on one inparticluar play David Pattern made a beautiful move on the corner, had Ramsey thrown that pass it was a TD.

I'm not sure if Ramsey even looked his way, this was the very first sack of the game, I know the fans in my section was like "oh my god". I think JG just wants one of them to understand his system. I think JG believes Ramsey could be his guy, but not sure JG trust that Ramsey fully understands his system. He does know Brunell will not lose the game for us, but I believe he also know Brunell is not going to run up the score either. Brunell will get the ball in playmakers hands and let them do what they can do.

I haven't seen enough of Jason Campbell to form an opinion. What I heard were raves about his accuracy. Then, I heard one of the Auburn coaches comparing their starter this year to Campbell. He said that the guy wasn't the athlete that Campbell was but he was a more accurate passer.

I wonder how accurate Campbell can be if his college coaches saw him as the second most accurate passer on their squad?

Remember, the coaches are generally going to defend the talent they have at the time. I've never heard a coach say this early in the season, "I wish I had last year's team?" He's gotta speak on the squad he has. Ya know?

You know what, it's you people who are over the edge. You can't even read what I posted with a clear mind. THINK about what I said before you go off on another blahblahblah rant about the QBs. I said best-case scenario. Brunell is not worth what we're paying him, and he won't last very long. We still don't know what we have in Ramsey. Even even if he doesn't light it up, we have him under contract and he knows the offense, so he would be a valuable backup next year, especially given that his trade value is unikely to be very high in any event.

ok,, I am NOT over the edge, if you had read my post, I agreed with you. I think that Ramsey got a raw deal too. And yes, I think that Brunell got lucky in Dallas. It is a win though. Would you ;ve preferred Ramsey lights it up in Dallas, but throws a few costly int's and we lose?

I have read your Ramsey rants over and over and you keep repeating the same agrument. The point is that Gibbs makes the call. You and I can't do a damn thing about it.

BTW it wasn't a "blahblah" rant. it is how I feel about the situation. Sorry if your attention span isn't that long

Who cares about his confidence? It's his determination that's important. His benching should make him determined to go out there and perform when he gets his next chance, which will very likely happen later this season. If his confidence is so fragile that he can't take the rough and tumble of competition, then he has no future as an NFL QB. Adversity brings out the best in those who are tough enough to cut it in the big leagues.

I've never seen or heard of any person who had more blind backers than Patrick Ramsey.

GW, maybe? :laugh:

Sorry, wrong forum:).

Seriously, though. What has Patrick Ramsey done that causes SO many people to look at him and think he deserves to start over a Pro Bowl QB who has us at 2-0?

It seems to me that we have two mildly capable QB's and a young guy with tons of potential. Gibbs seems torn between Brunell and Ramsey, but well aware that Campbell needs some time to mature and get comfortable with the system and the league. I don't think the Ramsey trade was ever going to get on its feet in the first place. It's just not a sensible or realistic trade. I just hope Campbell matures quickly so he can start tearing stuff up.

you now i hear everyone say bunell has us at 2-0 by i strongly disagree if bunell would have put one in the endzone of the bears game i might be able to take that statement but i think hall has us 1-0 and bunell got points on the board in dalles so i could argue that he has gave us the second win but i would put the win in dalles on once again the kicker stoping a game saving retern or the spectaculer play of our d in the forth quarter but i dont think bunell realy did anything spectaculer he missed deep throughes all night long and i think he would have ben short on the throws to moss had it ben early in the game but as the game gos on the recevers running the deep rought get a step slower and that is the only reason burnell was able to get the ball in mosses hands otherwise i think we would be 1-1

sorry if you dont agree and for the spelling

you now i hear everyone say bunell has us at 2-0 by i strongly disagree if bunell would have put one in the endzone of the bears game i might be able to take that statement but i think hall has us 1-0 and bunell got points on the board in dalles so i could argue that he has gave us the second win but i would put the win in dalles on once again the kicker stoping a game saving retern or the spectaculer play of our d in the forth quarter but i dont think bunell realy did anything spectaculer he missed deep throughes all night long and i think he would have ben short on the throws to moss had it ben early in the game but as the game gos on the recevers running the deep rought get a step slower and that is the only reason burnell was able to get the ball in mosses hands otherwise i think we would be 1-1

sorry if you dont agree and for the spelling

well, if u practice all week trying to reduce turn overs and in game time, u mess up and cough it up several times.. what would u do.. put in that guy continues to fumble and make interceptions or the guy that gets u down field with no turnover...brunell won us the game.. he reads the d in motion, he makes the audible, he throws the ball cause he saw sanatana beat them on both plays..who do u think made us 2-0, snyder?? we are 2-0 not cause of brunell, but because of the whole team, including the fans.THE REDSKINS late

like i said i do not give creadit to burnell i will give credit to the team as the team is wat trully wins and looses but i dont think burnell has got it yes he may be able to read the d in motion make the needed audibles but early in the game he cant hit the open recervers down the field when we could use it the most to make the d give the recevers some space to open the field up for portis burnell has to wate for the speed of the game in the fouth quarter so slow down that one step to be able to get it over the recervers shoulder to give them a chance to make the big play otherwise hes short on all his deep throughs leaving our d to stand up play tough like they allways do but that will not get it done as the longer our d is on the field game to game the more we will be exposed late in the season.

Archived