Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

North Carolina is a Redskin state

Timurchin

Why do I have to watch the boring Carolina Panthers play every Sunday instead of my beloved skins ? Demographically, eastern NC is the same distance away from Charlotte as it is from DC. I travel all over the state and there are just as many, if not more, skin fans as there are Panthers. Sometimes I wish that I still lived in Arlington but the traffic alone is enough to keep me away from the DC area. It wasn't so bad before "The Great One" came back... I didn't care that much about football in general when Norv. or Marty were coaching. However, now that the universe is back in order and the beast in the east is rising, the Carolina "Kittycats" are starting to give me a real case of the red ass. It really ticks me off that I have to pay to see my team play but I guess that I will have to break down and buy some NFL sunday ticket crap. Can anybody recommend the best way to go ? Thanks

Why do I have to watch the boring Carolina Panthers play every Sunday instead of my beloved skins ? Demographically, eastern NC is the same distance away from Charlotte as it is from DC. I travel all over the state and there are just as many, if not more, skin fans as there are Panthers. Sometimes I wish that I still lived in Arlington but the traffic alone is enough to keep me away from the DC area. It wasn't so bad before "The Great One" came back... I didn't care that much about football in general when Norv. or Marty were coaching. However, now that the universe is back in order and the beast in the east is rising, the Carolina "Kittycats" are starting to give me a real case of the red ass. It really ticks me off that I have to pay to see my team play but I guess that I will have to break down and buy some NFL sunday ticket crap. Can anybody recommend the best way to go ? Thanks

NFL sunday Ticket is the greatest thing ever. I wouldn't spring for the "red zone package" they are marketing though. Even outside of the skins games, I can watch any game I want. CBS or Fox doesnt dictate that to me anymore.

I would concur with the recommendations of most of the respondents to this thread. I picked up Sunday Ticket after calculating what I spent at local sports bars and eventually tiring of all the extraneous and belligerent commentary from non-Skins fans when I would enter with any team paraphernalia. Your lungs will thank you too. Additionally, if you play in any fantasy football league, the Ticket is the way to go.

NFL sunday Ticket is the greatest thing ever. I would spring for the "red zone package" they are marketing though. Even outside of the skins games, I can watch any game I want. CBS or Fox doesnt dictate that to me anymore.

Amen brother, the absolute best $200 bucks I've ever spent!!, Any game you wish is just a click away. I wish the Panthers were an AFC team, then it wouldn't really matter.

:notworthy

I can't get DirecTV down here in Oak Island, NC either, but as BillyKilmer says, "Go HOOTERS!" Their Wilmington location has a Redskins Fan Club (20% off the menu) and they show the games on the big screen with volume. I've also heard that Wilsons has a big draw.

Come to think of it, you never hear of any die hard Panther fans...

Amen brother, the absolute best $200 bucks I've ever spent!!, Any game you wish is just a click away. I wish the Panthers were an AFC team, then it wouldn't really matter.

:notworthy

It still matters...to a degree. The "local" team gets broadcast rights despite conference. even though I live in Maryland, I get stuck with the Ravens games 90% of the time. Thats why I got Directv.

Sunday Ticket is great if you live in a house, but if you live in an apartment and you can't install a dish then you're screwed. That $50 bar tab ever Sunday ads up in a hurry. Not to mention I never actually get to hear a game.

I don't know what the laws in NC are but in MD an apartment complex cannot forbit you from getting DirecTv. I know people who mounted the dish to a 2.4 stuck in a bucket of concrete. As long as your have southern clearance, you can find a way to get DTV

There is a Greenville in North Carolina?

Who daothunk it, It seems like a pretty nice place. Less that 90 miles to the beach gets my vote!

Greenville and Pitt County are located in the north central coastal plain region of Eastern North Carolina, approximately 85 miles east of Raleigh, the capital city of North Carolina. Greenville is approximately 87 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean and approximately 265 miles south of our nation's capital, Washington, DC.

Pitt County consists of 646 square miles of agricultural land. The highest elevation point in Pitt County is 126.4 feet above sea level, in the northwest part of the county.

Pitt County has a population of 133,798, and the City of Greenville has a population of 65,799. The cost of living for Greenville is 94.9% as per the 2002 Second Quarter ACCRA Survey.

Pitt County has a relatively mild climate and experiences all four seasons each year. The average summer temperature is 84oF while the average winter temperature is 44o F. The average yearly rainfall for Pitt County is approximately 48.24 inches.

I can't get DirecTV down here in Oak Island, NC either, but as BillyKilmer says, "Go HOOTERS!" Their Wilmington location has a Redskins Fan Club (20% off the menu) and they show the games on the big screen with volume. I've also heard that Wilsons has a big draw.

Come to think of it, you never hear of any die hard Panther fans...

You can pick up a direct TV setup in any Best Buy or have it mailed to you,

setting up the dish is easy. Then call an activate the system, cake! I have DTV at my house in Florida, and for $4 a month on the same account, I have another dish and another receiver in an RV on a mountain in Boone NC!

I feel ya, its sad cause I'm a 3rd gen Skins fan, back in the day folks in NC, SKins were thier team.......then the panthers come along and skins loose half the fan base. my cousins and grandfather have unfortunately converted.

Archived