Extremeskins

Pft: Defense The Problem For The Giants

Dead Money

What gear should fuji wear on Friday  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What gear should fuji wear on Friday

• Redskin Gar to Razz the Seahawk Fans at work
    • Hokie Gear because of the Va Tech / WVU Game

Yeah I know its PFT.. I couldn't help it!

Get over it ;)

DEFENSE THE PROBLEM FOR THE GIANTS

As folks start talking about the arrival of quarterback Eli Manning, the reason that the Giants lost on Sunday night was that their defense was exposed for the underachieving unit that it is.

"The linebackers and secondary are awful," said one league insider, "and the line is average."

The cornerbacks, Will Allen and William Peterson, were high-hype rookies in 2001, who haven't really developed into dominant players. Allen is nevertheless being paid $2.275 million in the final year of his contract, and Peterson received a big-money extension.

At linebacker, the thinking is that they overpaid Antonio Pierce, a one-year wonder at Washington who has trouble meeting players head-up -- and who would be better off as an outside linebacker, not in the middle. As to the guys on the outside -- Reggie Torbor and Carlos Emmons -- the concern is that they simply aren't very good.

The end result against the Chargers was a horrendous performance that has exposed plenty of holes that the team's opponents will continue to exploit.

how long before AP is in a Skin jersey again?

He's not Trotter...I doubt he'll hop back over here for the minimum.

At any rate, I'd love to be happy about this but it's funny to me that the same people who bash a publication for anti-Redskin articles will use it to prove a point for anti-[insert team here] articles.

I think Pierce is good. I think the Giants overpaid and it's cool that someone else agrees. I think the only place he'd make an ideal MLB is in Washington...it should be obvious to anyone else that he's better-suited to be an OLB...he was stepping up and playing out of position last year.

At any rate, I'd love to be happy about this but it's funny to me that the same people who bash a publication for anti-Redskin articles will use it to prove a point for anti-[insert team here] articles.

Yeah I know its PFT.. I couldn't help it!

Get over it ;)

It was prefaced by the above statement

Archived