Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr. Z's hypocrisy

bcl05

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/09/23/owens.moss/index.html

Dr. Z's new mailbag: he defends his top-10 list of receivers, in which he picks dependable, good-hands, good-blocking recievers over mental cases like TO and Moss.

"The guys I picked are go-to people, clutch receivers, players who don't drop the ball. "

He says he doesn't like flashy, streaky guys, but ones who pull out the big 1st down when its really needed.

Isn't this the perfect description of Art Monk? Isn't it obvious? What a dweeb.

I just sent him the following for his mail bag:

Dr. Z,

In response to all those whining about your top ten receivers list, you said this:

"The guys I picked are go-to people, clutch receivers, players who don't drop the ball. Derrick Mason and Eric Moulds, and yes, Muhammad, will pull their quarterbacks out of more tough spots than will flashier people with bigger numbers. That's what I go on -- effectiveness in the clutch, when the team absolutely has to have a first down."

I couldn't agree more. That is exactly the right way to rank these guys -- according to their ability to be a complete wide receiver and their performance in the clutch.

So here's my problem, then: this is the perfect definition of Art Monk, who you consistently oppose for the Hall of Fame -- I don't understand.

Thank you.

I'm not a big Z fan either, but I think you're confusing him and Peter King. I believe Dr. Z has been an advocate for Art Monk's inclusion into the Hall of Fame.

It's King and his "New York Giant sources" :rolleyes: that has expressed opposition to Art.

Erroneous. Both those dimwits lead the charge against Monk every year.

Archived