Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis should NEVER sit for Betts

cscmtp

unless he asks for it. I can't tell you how many times i watched Betts blow a blocking assignment, and how many times I watched Portis just nail his guy. We all know Portis is the homerun threat, but i'm telling you, this kid can protect the QB as good as he can run. And i was VERY happy to see him get more passes thrown his way. He did have a couple of drops, only 1 that i think was truly on him, but he's a great weapon that we NEED to utilize even more. Clearly last night the Dallas D-Line played great, and he didn't have much room to run. But he's going to be HUGE for us this year. I'm just so impressed with his overall game...And i'm not that big on Betts right now. He did the same thing last year too...

unless he asks for it. I can't tell you how many times i watched Betts blow a blocking assignment, and how many times I watched Portis just nail his guy. We all know Portis is the homerun threat, but i'm telling you, this kid can protect the QB as good as he can run.

A few of us have noticed this. I'm glad to see people pick up on it. Not only is Portis undoubtedly the #1 RB, he's the best blocker in pass protection of all of them... :cheers:

I like Betts as a good change of pace, but..... did anyone else notice a play in the 4th quarter where Betts seemed to have alligator arms on a pass from Brunell? It was a throw over the middle -- they didn't show a replay but it seemed like he slowed up on a catchable ball... Like I said, I'd like to see a replay of it before coming to any conclusions, but it sure looked odd.

Archived