Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well isnt that just special....

Zen-like Todd

Ravens | Weaver Turns Heads in Debut - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

4:16 PT: Baltimore Ravens DE Tony Weaver, according to the Baltimore Sun, turned heads during his first day of practice by displaying quickness and regularly penetrating the backfield during a light contact workout. Weaver is expected to start at the left defensive end position.

If you remember, he was available when our 2nd round pick came up, and we promptly traded back 6 picks or so with the Ravens, who used the pick to grab Weaver.

Call me in 1-2 years on the Betts vs. Weaver comparisons. It's lovely that he looks good in practice. So does Betts. Let's see how they do in games, and how they develop. This time three years ago, had the subject come up I'd bet we'd all be lamenting the decision to draft Stephen Davis over John Runyan or Zach Thomas, who were available at his spot in the 1996 draft.

To put it lightly, sh!t happens.

There are so many guys that we've passed on who have gone on to become great players in the NFL. We can't sit and sob over this guy now cause we've got our own team to worry about. Right now we have a defense that is going to be the best in the league and an offense thats going to put up numbers better than the rams or vikings in their record breaking seasons. So what that we didnt draft one guy who has some potential. I think time will tell that our draft was above average and got some players that will help this team for quite a while.

Archived