Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Always great to see praise for our defense.

Yeah, ironically the (apparently imminent) signing of Gardener depresses me a little. He'll fill the one remaining hole on defense. Barring major injuries to the D, our defense should be truly scary this year. Hell, these guys are so good, *I* could coach them to a top 5 ranking.

I have a sinking feeling that our defense is going to make so much noise that Marvin Lewis will finally be hired as a head coach after the season. I like Marvin Lewis, and I hope he stays.

Meanwhile, we've got a lot of holes on offense, and an off-season problem facing us with Stephen Davis. I'd like not to compound that with the loss of Marvin Lewis after this year.

is it possible for the entire unit to make the probowl?

That would be awesome. Unfortunately it's 99.9% impossible. I can see LaVar, Trotter, Champ, and Fred as probables. Armstead, Big Daddy, Wynn, and Gardener are on the fence. Terrell, Shade, and Smith are unlikely.

But that would be awesome to hear Al Michaels say "And here's the Washington Redskins defense starting for the NFC." :drool:

If S Davis decides to renegotiate to remain a skin we should have no problems filling holes on the offense and we have continuity.

I'll wait until the Gardener signing is official but it looks like if we remain healthy defense will cure what ails ya.

Watching our "D" live is enough to send chills down your spine. They will keep us in every game this year. And if our "O" clicks like I think it will. We will be one of the best teams in the NFL. People will say we came out of nowhere. But we all know differently. This team has tremendous potential.

All great teams had an solid to great "D" leading the way. We have that foundation and if the rest of the league doesn't know it they will after the first half in Japan.

When LA lines up at DE he is a beast with his speed. He beat Jansen a few times. He reminded me of LT. But he is bigger stronger faster....like the bionic LT:laugh:

Archived