Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar on 980 (MERGED)

Dead Money

-When he was in college Penn State had Minnesota as their homeing game and they lost it.

-He only needed a shower because he was huggin his teammates from making plays

-He let a sack get away

-It's gonna be a party next week

-Firmer grasp on the scheme

-Expecting a girl in January is changed from marriage and injury

-He's still hungry and he's still LAVAR

-When he gets back on the field, he'll regain his old form

-12th man was going strong he was pumped up and it was difficult to watch the snaps from the sidelines

-Doesn't wanna project the offense he'll get in trouble

-Patten is a badboy, proud of o-line, breakout year for clinton

-His 1 prediction clintion is gonna ahve the year were looking for

-A true starter should never lose his spot to injury "talking about qb situation"

-Worried about getting on defense before he can play offense like taylor

-He wont replace Hall neck week but he punted a ball 60 yds

-Taylor has grown up this off-season He's the player that will take team to the next level

-Can't make the bold statement for monday but wants to make doc and the fans happy and proud

-WIN ONE FOR THE "DOC"

Some random quotes...

"I was more than limited... The only reason I needed a shower was because I was huggin my teammates"

"My role sunday was to be limited"

"I'll be there when they tell me they need me"

"I'm always getting treated man.."

"I let one get away yesterday huh? (sack) I got so excited that I was back man"

"We're expecting a little girl in january...(Jon says girl? A little payback) payback??? yeah big paypack! (laughing)"

"I'm just here to be a team player"

"I'm waiting to make plays for 4 qtrs"

(re:fans) "They were goin', they were goin, they were goin strong tooo. There was a whole lot of energy going on yesterday.

"The 12th man were definitely in effect..."

"I don't know if they really realized that but they were responsible..

"and a big part of it."

"Patten is a bad boy out there and santana"

"I was so proud of the o-line it might not have showed on the scoreboard but..."

"They dominated the line"

"I'm looking for clinton to have a breakout yuear this year if Im gonna make any predictions"

(re: being brought back slowly) "It would appear I gotta earn my way back" (laughing but not seemingly happy)

"A true starter should never lose his job due to injury if they can go"

"Its all about interpretation" (several times again, not happy about not playing I guess)

"I got to get back on the field period. It wasn't enough to be in my equipment I need to be bw the white lines" "thats what I'm working towards"

Bram: "Can you placekick?"

Re Taylor: "I think hes done a lot of growing up this offseason" "He didn't moan and complain about not being out there (starting) he just played and came up with plays"

"Hes shown that hes a player that we needed to take this team to the next level"

Re Cowboys: "I play for Coach Gibbs so I can not make no bold statements" "We're gonna do our best to make the redskins faithfull proud" "We're gonna make it a real business trip"

Done sorry if I missed anything.

i came into the interview halfway in, but it sounds like lavar is ****ing (whining) about his playing time in the bears game. just my 2cents.

To me it sounded like he wants to do what Williams and Gibbs wants nothing more nothing less then he corrected him self and said more!

To me it sounded like he wants to do what Williams and Gibbs wants nothing more nothing less then he corrected him self and said more!

fair enough... i didn't get a frame of reference for his comments. it just sounded like sour grapes when he said that "a true starter shouldn't lose his job to injury" and when he said "i'm just trying to get my job back" and then corrected it to "the job, cuz it obviously isn't mine."

i like your take on it better though.

Thanks!

Kinda sounds like he's pissed he's not on the field more. I wonder what he means abou tnot being able to make bold statements?

What he meant was Gibbs doesn't like them speaking about or rather guaranteeing anything I guess Doc agreed that he knew this as well so he said.. We'll do you proud

One thing I have learned about Lavar is that he gets emotional and you can't really read too much into his intonations and speach. He wants to do well, he wants to be the star and above all he does want to win. His interviews are often seen in a negative light by many which is understandable.

He continues to be my favorite player and I think he will benefit tremendously from the way he is being reintroduced to the field. His body is not ready to take on a full NFL game. I think he will see about half the defensive downs this week and then he is back full bore after the bye.

Archived