Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tired of Katrina and Kanye? MJ to save the day.

Spaceman Spiff

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/atplay/package.jsp?name=atplay/pm/popkingparanormal

Paranormal Pop King or Just a Wacko?

by Heather Reichle

The "King of Pop" or "Wacko Jacko" (as some refer to him) may be looking to expand his Neverland kingdom. This time he's looking for those little green guys from another planet.

Michael reportedly wants to build an airport for aliens. According to Michael Luckman, director of the New York Center for Extraterrestrial Research and author of "Alien Rock," Jackson would like to set up the landing strip in the Nevada desert.

"Michael wants to welcome extra-terrestrials to earth to film the landing," Luckman said in his book. According to Luckman, Jackson also has claimed to be from another planet himself.

Sound Off About Jackson's Latest Wacky Behavior [Tripso.com]

The Everchanging Face of Michael Jackson [anomalies-unlimited.com]

The Trial is Over: Jackson Not Guilty [CNN]

The Least Sexy Celebrity in the World [Netscape]

Spooky UFO Encounter in Rural Georgia [Netscape]

"Michael identified the planet as 'A Capricious Anomaly in the Sea of Space' and said it was located 'just beyond our solar system.'" Did anyone bother to ask him when he'd be returning?

Jackson hasn’t limited himself to alien interaction; he’s been involved with the paranormal for some time.

"When Michael was a teenager, he read about me in American textbooks and school books, and I think he always wanted to meet me to see how I bend a spoon or read a mind," Uri Geller, Jackson's longtime psychic friend said to CBS News.

Even Geller, who served as a witness in Jackson’s molestation trials, read Jackson the riot act about his behavior. “I really screamed at him. I told him, 'Michael, you've got to change your behavior,'" Geller told CBS News. "'Mainly with children, because again, although you know, you are innocent and you are doing nothing to them, it just doesn't look good. It doesn't look right.'"

Although Jackson may consult with his psychic friend Geller, he’s also suggested that he has some psychic abilities himself.

In September of 1997, right after the death of Princess Diana, Jackson told Barbara Walters in a 20/20 interview that he’d been haunted by a vision.

"I said there's another one real soon, I feel it coming, there's another one, and I pray it's not me. Please, don't let it be me. And Mother Teresa came," he told Walters.

When asked if he was saying he was psychic Jackson replied, "I don't want to say that, but I've done it before."

Perhaps he also has a belief in ghosts.

In October of 2004, Jackson was reported to be bidding on a "genuine Irish ghost trapped in a bottle." According to BBC News the 100-year-old bottle was bricked up in a window by a priest following a failed exorcism and was being sold on eBay. A newspaper report said that an agent representing Jackson was involved in the bidding. It sold for $478.33, but the winner is unknown.

In the 20/20 interview, Walters asked Jackson how he felt about the media referring to him as "Wacko Jacko."

"Yeah, Wacko Jacko, where did that come from? Some English tabloid. I have a heart and I have feelings," Jackson said. "I feel that when you do that to me, and it's not nice. Don't do it. I'm not wacko!"

Alien airports, spoon bending friends, psychic abilities and ghosts in bottles seem to add up to something a bit strange.

On the bright side, if aliens do exist, Michael Jackson may well be the one welcoming them home.

Archived