Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fake Ticket-Bears Ticket...

halter91

Okay, this is going to sound retarded, but someone on one of the other boards may be messing with me, but he says he has the same ticket. How can I tell if mine is a fake? I bought them from a guy online and now I'm worried. It looks real, has the bar code, # 3 on the ticket??

Marcus Washington is on the ticket. HEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Okay, this is going to sound retarded, but someone on one of the other boards may be messing with me, but he says he has the same ticket. How can I tell if mine is a fake? I bought them from a guy online and now I'm worried. It looks real, has the bar code, # 3 on the ticket??

Marcus Washington is on the ticket. HEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I just bought tickets from a ticket reseller in Laurel. Apparently there is a surge in fake Redskins tickets and parking passes.... :(

The fake tickets look identical.

i heard some guys at kinkos talking about making fake redskins and ravens tickets using real ones as templates. they said that there is someone on the inside who gets the tickets and send them out or this person is part of the ticket creation process. they then sell the template to someone else who makes the fakes and sells them to others to scalp. i tried to evesdrop more but i couldn't make out if these guys were making the tickets, resellers of the tickets, or having an innocent convo/speculating.

It would have to be a pretty sophisticated printer to be able to make an identical ticket. If you look at a genuine ticket, it has the outward expanding stripes from the center, and if you turn it so light reflects towards your eye, the individual stripes are not glossy, whereas the rest of the ticket is glossy. Also, the unglossy stripes cut around so they appear to go underneath the player's name and number and the indian head logo, which is glossy.

I seriously doubt the fake tix do all that.

I have personally seen fake tickets before, a scalper was selling them and they didnt look real.

I can spot a fake ticket pretty easily. The blue stamping for the Independance Air game will look to be "painted on" the ticket. Like after they were made, they were stamped with the blue number.

Bring it to the game, I will tell you, if it is fake, then the door people will know when they tear it.

You wont be able to get in.

the guys that take ticket stubs don't usually look that hard at the ticket. i would imagine that if there are that many fake tickets around, there are a lot of them inside the stadium. anyone know why we don't scan tickets at fedex? seems like everyone else is doing it.

the guys that take ticket stubs don't usually look that hard at the ticket. i would imagine that if there are that many fake tickets around, there are a lot of them inside the stadium. anyone know why we don't scan tickets at fedex? seems like everyone else is doing it.

Yeah, the Ravens just scan them. That's cool, because you get to keep the whole ticket as a souvenier, not just the stub. Redskins let you keep the intact suite tix too. They mark them with a felt pen, and the fan gets to keep the whole ticket, which is oversized too. Unfortunately, the Redskins are still tearing the tix from us poor folk.

Regarding fake Ravens tix, the genuine tickets have a shiny silver square slightly embedded around the photo, and also the word RAVENS, in silver, is a little more deeply embedded into the ticket, and you can feel the letters with your fingers.

I think the best way to tell would be if the side of the ticket is perferated (sp?). The whole season comes on one sheet and you have to tear them off so if it is the first or the last only one side should be perferated. If the ticket fakers thought of that, then they thought of everything.

Archived