Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowgirls making additons on cut-day... DAMN!!

timdaley73

As usual, you missed the point. All I did was use your brothers' scoring system and applied it to Dallas's lineup.

While that may be the case here, we've already discussed (between us) how you think the Skins are so much more talented than Dallas is.

So, basically, its the same thing.

going into last season...we had holes at CB(we lost THE BEST CB in the game and Springs is always getting hurt and is overated and the depth is a joke)FS and SS(no proven players) MLB(Barrow is hurt and there is no way that some undrafted free agent is going to be able to replace him) DL(Griffin is an underachiever and the rest of the line is suspect)....BUT!!! our good ole DC was able to get scab players and make the unit one of the best in the league! What makes you think it can't happen again? "ohh you lost Smoot and Harris is too old and can't play anymore(same thing they said about Springs)...Pierce is not here and there is no way an unproven player thats an undrafted free agent can replace him(sound familiar?) the Dline is a joke...blah blah blah and it goes on and on! no one can talk about holes on the defensive side of the ball...the skins proved it last year that we will be just fine! now if you want to talk about holes on the offense? then you have a little more to say...QB is a little bit sketchy and so is the WR corp...but other than that...There aren't that many holes...so you cowboy fans that think our team won't be any better than 5-11 or whatever you predict..just wait and see...you'll be surprised

and

By this criteria, you have holes on half your team.

Since rookies have to "prove themselves" and are a hole until then, I'd say that you have a hole at OLB (Ware) and RT (Pettiti) for starters.

I wouldn't call our MLB a hole since he has at least proven to be a productive season-long starter at another LB position. But ok, I'll buy it. Has Bradie James played inside for Dallas? No - there's another hole.

Our DE's are laughable? How exactly is it that we were far and away #1 against the run, an entire half yard per carry better than anyone else? How is it that we allowed the fewest points in the league when you subtract points on returns (when the defense isn't on the field)? Who was making the plays last season? Obviously not our DEs. Obviously not Lemar Marshall since he's now a hole at MLB. Lemme guess, it was all Antonio Pierce?

So what does this make Kenyon Coleman? What's that? Canty or Spears is going to start soon? They're rookies, so that's a hole no matter what.

And if Bowen is a hole, what does that make Keith Davis who has never started?

Walt Harris has been a solid starter EVERYWHERE he's been for 8 seasons. Last season we were lucky to have him in reserve but I don't think it's a stretch to imagine him being able to produce as a starter again. And if he can't, we have a top 10 pick who just might be able to.

BTW, Aaron Glenn is finished. He was terrible on Houston last year and considered the main culprit as to why they allowed the second most TDs through the air. He's shot. I would take Rogers or Harris over him so quickly it would make your head sping.

Ok - so by the scoring system you just applied to us - you have holes at RT, OLB, ILB, FS, DE, CB, K. You pokes make it too damn easy sometimes.

Houston fans were extremely upset that they let him slip away to us.

Oh, but it was all his fault. Right. You keep telling yourself that.

We made plently of additions in the offseason. You didn't. When you're no better than 6-10 come January, don't act surprised.

There is a reason that everyone who's not a redskins fan predicts you will fail this season. Because you will.

:cheers:

I work with many guys in Houston and Glenn stunk. He was on a downslope in production when the Jets let him go in the expansion draft 4 yrs ago. He had one good season, I think 2002, and has been a turnstile since. We'll see what happens this year but you actually have to bring an intelligent point in order to get respect. You had MANY holes to fill. Washington, had some offensive holes to fill and it remains to be seen in the regular season whether JG made the right moves, have fun being the "sexy" playoff picks for the idiots who can't pick their nose, let alone a team and remember me when you guys aren't quite as sexy at 2-6 at the turn...mark my words

Houston fans were extremely upset that they let him slip away to us.

Oh, but it was all his fault. Right. You keep telling yourself that.

We made plently of additions in the offseason. You didn't. When you're no better than 6-10 come January, don't act surprised.

There is a reason that everyone who's not a redskins fan predicts you will fail this season. Because you will.

:cheers:

I work with many guys in Houston and Glenn stunk. He was on a downslope in production when the Jets let him go in the expansion draft 4 yrs ago. He had one good season, I think 2002, and has been a turnstile since. We'll see what happens this year but you actually have to bring an intelligent point in order to get respect. You had MANY holes to fill. Washington, had some offensive holes to fill and it remains to be seen in the regular season whether JG made the right moves, have fun being the "sexy" playoff picks for the idiots who can't pick their nose, let alone a team and remember me when you guys aren't quite as sexy at 2-6 at the turn...mark my words
Never trust Houston fans, they don't know what they're talking about. Glenn has gone after the jets let him go. He will be a great nickel corner.

Never trust Houston fans, they don't know what they're talking about. Glenn has gone after the jets let him go. He will be a great nickel corner.

Glenn had to basically chose between retirement and playing for the Cowboys - kind of like Vinny T. Nobody had serious interest outside of Dallas. Enjoy the the comfort in the "name" Aaron Glenn, because the guy is going to get worked once the season starts.

As Parcells says, "There's only so much tread on the tires."

Glenn had to basically chose between retirement and playing for the Cowboys - kind of like Vinny T. Nobody had serious interest outside of Dallas. Enjoy the the comfort in the "name" Aaron Glenn, because the guy is going to get worked once the season starts.

As Parcells says, "There's only so much tread on the tires."

I'm not saying Glenn is as Terrific as Shawn Springs or anything but how do you KNOW that nobody else had any interest given that Dallas literally signed him the day after he was released? Do you have a close relationship with the personell departments of the other 30 teams? I'm very impressed!

I'm not saying Glenn is as Terrific as Shawn Springs or anything but how do you KNOW that nobody else had any interest given that Dallas literally signed him the day after he was released? Do you have a close relationship with the personell departments of the other 30 teams? I'm very impressed!
Come on now they are Redskins fans. The same fans that change the criteria for good defenses to fit their top rankings it is the yrds, no points allowed. The same fans that said, Brunell was a borderline Hall of Famer. The same fans that espouse the virtues and skills of Champ Bailey and Fred Smoot, when they are Redskins, but say they are horrible when the leave. The same fans that said Matt Bowen was better than Darren Woodson.

The answer to your question is he is a Redskins fan, he knows everything.

Come on now they are Redskins fans. The same fans that change the criteria for good defenses to fit their top rankings it is the yrds, no points allowed. The same fans that said, Brunell was a borderline Hall of Famer. The same fans that espouse the virtues and skills of Champ Bailey and Fred Smoot, when they are Redskins, but say they are horrible when the leave. The same fans that said Matt Bowen was better than Darren Woodson.

not only can i not really follow what you are saying, but find me a post of any redskin fan saying MB is a HOF-er or that Bowen is better than Woodson

Um, genius--the Skins were near the top or top in most every def category. By yards--#3. By POINTS ALLOWED BY DEFENSE they were tied for #1 with Pittsburgh.

As for the virtues of Bailey--if you read this board at ANY point in the last 2 years, you'd have seen many people say Champ was overrated. It's not like we didn't see him get beat by Marty Booker and Amani Toomer. Now about 3 years ago, he was beast. But he slipped. And almost none of us said Smoot was an elite corner--near elite, maybe, climbing perhaps, but not elite. And he's not "horrible" now--he's what he was when he was here unless he shows improvement.

not only can i not really follow what you are saying, but find me a post of any redskin fan saying MB is a HOF-er or that Bowen is better than Woodson

I said Border line and your own Art said that about Brunell...

Vegta said that about Bowen on ESPN...

As Far as the defense comments, when it worked to your favor Redskins fans including Goldenstar, said that when the Skins ranked at the top of the league in defense (yrds allowed) that was the bees knees, but when Dallas did it the next year they were over rated, personally I think they were both over rated (that isn't a comment on last year's defense).

Revisionist history, that is what some of you are all about...

Posted March 15th, 2004 by Art.

And I quote:

"Hall of Fame QB Troy Aikman:

32,942 yards. 165 touchdowns. 141 interceptions. 81.6 QB rating. 1,016 yards rushing.

Mark Brunell:

25,793 yards. 144 touchdowns. 86 interceptions. 85.2 QB rating. 2226 yards rushing.

Mark Brunell isn't yet a Hall of Fame QB. But he has borderline Hall of Fame numbers. He wouldn't get in tomorrow. If he has a couple of largely average seasons (3,300 yards, 17 touchdowns) he could well be better than Aikman in every statistical category.

And he probably wouldn't QUITE make it in. However, if he wins a Super Bowl or two before his career is done, he might. Which is why he's got borderline Hall of Fame numbers. Now, the laugh turns to an embarrassed anger I know. But don't hate me for being smarter than you. Hate yourself."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53847&page=2&pp=15

Uh-oh george. :laugh:

Archived