Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI: For a good laugh...

Dirk Diggler

Dirk, I've never really been a Bledsoe fan until now but I wouldn't really call him a abject failure. Everyone knows teams have to be conscious of their future so it's not surprising that Buffaloe decided to put their first round investment on the field. Many Cowboy fans are critical of Parcells for NOT doing just that with Romo sits to pee and/or Henson. Buffaloe took a gamble and Bledsoe wants to prove he can still play. This is what the NFL is about. If Bledsoe is indeed as horrible as you've been reporting all summer you should be elated and the Skins should have no problem sweeping us. ;) In fact, Dallas should win no more than 4-5 games with the Buffaloe reject behind center right??? Wouldn't you agree? :)

I would be very, very surprised if Dallas won double digits like most "experts" are predicting. I figure them for around 8 wins. I think the "true" Dallas team was closer to that 6 win team in terms of talent than they were the playoff team from 2003. The schematic changes and roster overhaul are evidence of that. But they made some great additions and I guess that's the reason for the runaway optimism (see Minnesota).

Statistically, I think they'll be slightly above average on both sides of the ball in terms of yardage and points. But I don't see them beating the really good teams and I'm sure they'll have a letdown or 2 against poor teams. I don't see a wave of the magic wand and poof - here's the 86 Giants Big Blue wrecking crew - that's become chic since the additions to the front 7. In fact, I see some games where you will get shredded by good running attacks because your LBs are not Bruschi-type pluggers that are crucial to make the 3-4 great.

I don't think Bledsoe is a terrible QB. I really don't. But I don't see him as a major upgrade from Testeverde. And he is a failure. Has been twice in the past 4 years. Buffalo was top 10 in points scored and points allowed and +10 in turnovers. Do you know how difficult it is to NOT make the playoffs when you're looking at a team with those stats? I challenge anyone to find one time in NFL history when that happened.

Forgive me, but there's this wacky theory I have that teams tend to change the stuff that isn't working. Bledsoe was a piece of the puzzle that didn't fit. And once again, it had NOTHING to do with Losman. You don't take an effective QB out to "see how your investment is doing" when your team is ready to challenge otherwise. That is unless, you've gotten all you can out of the guy and you still only have 9 wins in the standings. Could he go on to prove everyone wrong like others have in the past? Sure. But he hasn't led a team to the playoffs in 6 or 7 years so the odds are against it happening when he's 33. Don't tell that to the media though...they'll hear none of it.

Let's be real: This isn't the Bledsoe of 10 years ago who was so good that Parcells featured him and threw more passes than any QB in league history. He's now a player that Parcells will try to insulate. They'll try to run it a ton and take very few chances on defense. Only when they are running well will you see Bledsoe be effective. That's when the play-action becomes a big weapon. Good enough to win more than last season? You bet. Good enough to win 10 games? I don't see it.

You don't take an effective QB out to "see how your investment is doing" when your team is ready to challenge otherwise. .

If I brought up what Cincinatti did with Carson Palmer replacing John Kitna you'd probably tell me that is different because he was the #1 pick. Well, you've made several legitimate glass half empty statements regarding Dallas which is only naturall. We can spin and speculate all off-season and we've done just that :laugh: (it's been fun). Now I'm just glad the games are starting and I naturally will have a glass half full perspective on the Boys. Worst case scenario for the Boys IMO is about 8-8. With good health and a few bounces I don't think 10-6 and a wild card is out of the question.

If I brought up what Cincinatti did with Carson Palmer replacing John Kitna you'd probably tell me that is different because he was the #1 pick. Well, you've made several legitimate glass half empty statements regarding Dallas which is only naturall. We can spin and speculate all off-season and we've done just that :laugh: (it's been fun). Now I'm just glad the games are starting and I naturally will have a glass half full perspective on the Boys. Worst case scenario for the Boys IMO is about 8-8. With good health and a few bounces I don't think 10-6 and a wild card is out of the question.

I think many would question just how effective Kitna really was, despite his decent statistics. And there is a big big difference in terms of money and expectations between Losman and Palmer. I think you know this.

But I agree, thank the Good Lord - that the season is almost upon us and many questions will be answered.

Ahh, the stat game. Those statistics aren't so ugly are they? How bout the number of sacks he's taken? How bout the team's record over that span? Oh lemme guess, it's a team game and not all his fault. I know, let's blame the #2 defense or wonderful special teams or Willis McGahee or Travis Henry or Lee EVans and Eric Moulds. Those useless bums.

Or the fact that he's lost his job not once but twice in the past 4 seasons. Guess his head coach wasn't exactly blown away by the stats you've provided.

How bout Ramsey's W/L over those years to?

Cuts both ways.

So if Bledsoe is characterized as an 'abject disappointment', again, what are we characterizing Ramsey as?

Again...

Does it really matter what the media writes about the Skins or "America's team" :laugh: :laugh: , you got to play the games......

I find it funny how many are rating the teams in the NFCE.

I have watched all 4 teams play in the preseason.....all 4 teams look good and barring injury the NFCE could be the toughest division in the NFL.

Again...

Does it really matter what the media writes about the Skins or "America's team" :laugh: :laugh: , you got to play the games......

I find it funny how many are rating the teams in the NFCE.

I have watched all 4 teams play in the preseason.....all 4 teams look good and barring injury the NFCE could be the toughest division in the NFL.

No, the East is not close to the toughest division in the NFL.

Patriots, Bills, Jets much?

Archived