Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where will The Saints play there Home Games?

capitolpunishment

San Antonio is a possibility. Also, this might be the last season they are "New Orleans". I learned this morning that the Saints get tourist revenue. So we might be hearing the name "San Antonio Saints". Of course L.A. is always in the mix. Does anyone in L.A. even care if the NFL is in their city??

Guest Matt Kyriacou
who cares? :laugh:

Well, I do. I had plans to attend the Saints-Giants game on 9/18 with a friend who is a Giant's fan. We have the tickets in hand and I had already paid for the hotel room with Priceline. We were going to begin the trip back to Atlanta on Monday the 19th with an overnight stay in Biloxi. That trip is effectively wiped out, but it pales in comparison with what those folks are going through down there.

If you think that you are unaffected, then please think again. Notice gas prices today? As you are only 17 I can only hope that the increased gas prices inconvenience you to the point that you are unable to drive to meet some little high school ho and grope each other in the back seat of your mother's car.

Well, I do. I had plans to attend the Saints-Giants game on 9/18 with a friend who is a Giant's fan. We have the tickets in hand and I had already paid for the hotel room with Priceline. We were going to begin the trip back to Atlanta on Monday the 19th with an overnight stay in Biloxi. That trip is effectively wiped out, but it pales in comparison with what those folks are going through down there.

If you think that you are unaffected, then please think again. Notice gas prices today? As you are only 17 I can only hope that the increased gas prices inconvenience you to the point that you are unable to drive to meet some little high school ho and grope each other in the back seat of your mother's car.

ether :notworthy

San Antonio is out of the question as 10,000 fugees have been moved to the alamodome from superdome, there has been talk of Memorial Stadium in Jackson, but the 30-40K capacity dosent excite Tagliabue, LSU is looking like it wont work either with the massive influx on its campus

San Antonio is out of the question as 10,000 fugees have been moved to the alamodome from superdome, there has been talk of Memorial Stadium in Jackson, but the 30-40K capacity dosent excite Tagliabue, LSU is looking like it wont work either with the massive influx on its campus

ACTUALLY, they were moved to the ASTRODOME in Houston.

Blondie

Tulane football team has moved to Texas also:

Katrina Forces Tulane Team To SMU

POSTED: 2:05 pm CDT August 31, 2005

UPDATED: 2:38 pm CDT August 31, 2005

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The entire Tulane football team arrived by bus Wednesday in Dallas, hosted by Southern Methodist University, after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

Tulane's football team, including coaches and training staff, are staying at a hotel near SMU and plan to share campus practice facilities with the Mustangs.

The two Conference USA schools play each other at SMU on Sept. 24.

Sunday's game between Tulane and Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, was rescheduled to the Saturday after Thanksgiving because of Katrina.

The Tulane players will stay in Dallas until further notice.

Blondie

With all the destruction and people/families being displaced, you almost forget about the venues that are now closed and teams that are forced to live and play elsewhere. It's a logistical nightmare for all involved and yet a wonderful thing to see the folks in Texas and elsewhere opening their arms and lending a helping hand, even if a lot of them are Cowboy fans.

With all the destruction and people/families being displaced, you almost forget about the venues that are now closed and teams that are forced to live and play elsewhere. It's a logistical nightmare for all involved and yet a wonderful thing to see the folks in Texas and elsewhere opening their arms and lending a helping hand, even if a lot of them are Cowboy fans.

I agree something like this really does make one think about what is really important regardless of what team they like.

wow, that sucks man. my buddies and I book a road trip every year and if the Skins would have played the Saints this year we would have planned for New Orleans instead of Tampa.

Hope you guys get everything situated.

Guest Matt Kyriacou
wow, that sucks man. my buddies and I book a road trip every year and if the Skins would have played the Saints this year we would have planned for New Orleans instead of Tampa.

Hope you guys get everything situated.

Thanks. He is the one that is really hating life right now. Ever since I went to see the 'Skins play the Saints in New Orleans in 1999 I have been telling him that he needs to make the trip to New Orleans the next time the Giants play there. When the schedule came out, we planned on going. I was looking forward to Bourbon Street and Harrah's followed by the Imperial Palace in Biloxi. He was ready for the game. Oh well.

I really feel for the residents all along the Gulf Coast. They are facing years and years of rebuilding.

Archived