Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins about $2.15 millon under the cap--- ? about Simon

StevieInferior

Bedlam, you were reading my mind. The eagles are one of the best at casting off players whom they believe to be overpriced, like Douglas and Trotter when they let him go two years ago. They brought Trotter back, but at a much lower cost, I believe. If they don't need Simon, I don't see him fitting in with us either. Besides, Williams defense depends on chemistry and I don't want anything that will upset that at this point in the preseason. Let Simon go to some west coast AFC team. He seems like he is just the right kinda guy for Norv out in Oakland.

Simon was released because:

1) he refused to report as a franchised-tagged player (who by rule was making the average of the top 5 players at his position) despite being merely a passable pass rushing DT of late;

2) he refused to negotiate for a reasonable amount of money on a long-term contract with the Eagles because he wanted more than even the franchise amount; and

3) he made similarly ludicrous demands on other teams the Eagles let him speak with as part of efforts to broker a sign-and-trade deal.

Now I ask you, does this sound like someone we want to deal with?

No more Eagles please.

Trotter, Douglas, Vincent, Taylor...

They are all products of the system. Just like Greg W's system last year, doesnt anyone see that when youre able to succeed with damn near ANYONE at any position, the system is to credit.

Pass on Simon, no more Eagles leftovers, please. We learned our lesson with Trotter.

Archived