Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woman Demands To Speak With Bush

visionary

Originally posted by Baculus

The issue is that the WMD reason was given as the primary reason. This was pushed into our heads over and over again, exemplified by the Powell photo. This was false, along other Bush administration assertions.

Yes, WMD's drove the timetable - it created a false impression that Iraq was an immediate threat. You are correct - the Bush administration had a time table, so they created a propaganda machine to false lead the American public into their reasoning for invasion. And the Bush doctrine is flimsy - there is terrorism of what sort or another all over the world. Heck, we are even dealing with central Asian governments that terrorize their own people, but as long as they're on "our side," we ignore those messy little details.

I didn't say the Bush Administration had a timetable, I said the WMD issue drove the timetable. And WMDs were never the only justification for moving against Saddam, there were many others mentioned.

The fact that the intel may have been wrong doesn't equate to Bush lying. I know many on the left feel that way, but it doesn't necessarily follow.

You may not like the Bush doctrine, but it is what it is. And the fact that we can't take out all terrorist-supporting regimes simultaneously doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't act against one at a time.

I'll say this. I work in the intelligence field. There were about 40 of us watching the UN meeting where Colin Powell made his presentation. Every one of us in the room cringed, because he'd basically given up the farm with the intel he revealed. We all knew it wasn't our decision to make, that someone at the Powell/Bush level made it. But we were just left hoping that the farm he gave up was a small one. What he gave away was real. I don't know how it appeared to you, but we were all just hoping it was worth it.

I know I am in the distinct minority, but I'm not convinced that all the WMDs made it out of the country. We know they had chemical weapons, we know that at least at one point they were working on bio weapons. Their nuke program was pretty much a pipe dream. The relevant question was how current was their programs. That is the intel that is now considered to be faulty.

As we've been going through the country, we've been finding weapons and munitions caches, and destroying them as we've found them. We're still finding them, sometimes in places where we've been for a while. We blew one cache up, and the explosions were much bigger than what was expected. Turns out that there was a cache under the one we blew up, that we didn't know was there.

Remember the coniption fits thrown by Democrats during the election campaign, about the "missing" HMX and RDX explosives? That's an example of weapons that were known to exist, but were not found (immediately -- turns out most if not all of it ended up at a munitions disposal facility). For some reason (the election being a week away, perhaps?) Democrats acknowledged these missing weapons, which story worked in their favor; but discounted the possibility of WMDs missing but still existing in the same way, which would not have worked in their favor.

One last thing: these are some of my favorite pictures. Question: How many vials of anthrax or west-nile virus could be stored in the space taken up by the object they are digging out?

IraqburiedMiG1.jpg

IraqburiedMiG2.jpg

IraqburiedMiG3.jpg

IraqburiedMiG4.jpg

The events below did occur but was not the mission that was explained to the American people in SEPT 01/ OCT 01(how much money , tax dollars have been poured into this) . If Bush and Rice would have listened to Clarke and paid any attention to the briefing that was received in august, maybe just maybe things would have turned out different for 1800 Americans and there families

Originally posted by BlueTalon

...and a democratically elected government in Iraq and in Afghanistan, and a formerly terrorist-supporting, WMD-developing country (Libya) changing its ways, and hundreds of terrorists in custody, and thousands more dead. Apart from that, he's got nothing to show for it at all!

I have a strong suspicion that rational thinking is not this woman's stong suit even in the best of times.

He wanted to fight for his country. The mom needs to realize that. He enlisted to fight for his country, and death is very possible when enlisting to fight for your country. If i enrolled in college, and failed out, I wouldnt expect my mother to sit outside of the univeristy presidents house until i was reinstated or until they admitted i shouldnt have failed out of school. Needless to say, failing out of school and dying are much different, but the premise remains the same. The mother needs to go home, and grieve. She is disgracing her sons name by protesting. Hearing about this woman made me want to travel to Texas so I could tell this woman that she is making a fool out of herself, and more importantly, her son...her son who fought bravely and died for a cause. Not to be a dick, but this woman is a disgraceful moron and she has no place in America. You don't like what we are fighting for? Move the F*** out!

Originally posted by twa

Sorry ,but I find this womans behavior disgusting. Her son volunteered to serve his country and this type of politicising his death is just wrong on many levels.

My only son has volunteered ,despite my trying to change his mind btw..

His Choice...His Life

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

He volunteered!

Originally posted by 36SKINS56

He wanted to fight for his country. The mom needs to realize that. He enlisted to fight for his country, and death is very possible when enlisting to fight for your country. If i enrolled in college, and failed out, I wouldnt expect my mother to sit outside of the univeristy presidents house until i was reinstated or until they admitted i shouldnt have failed out of school. Needless to say, failing out of school and dying are much different, but the premise remains the same. The mother needs to go home, and grieve. She is disgracing her sons name by protesting. Hearing about this woman made me want to travel to Texas so I could tell this woman that she is making a fool out of herself, and more importantly, her son...her son who fought bravely and died for a cause. Not to be a dick, but this woman is a disgraceful moron and she has no place in America. You don't like what we are fighting for? Move the F*** out!

If you can't deal with one woman protesting, maybe you should leave. By the way, where are you stationed?

Yeah my original unit sent me a powerpoint file back in 03 of 4 MIGs found in a similar fashion.

Funny how none of the libs can remember right after we stabilized Sarajevo in 97 that Clinton representatives foolishly had a town meeting at a liberal college to get the pulse of the young minds of mush on how they felt about going into Iraq and taking out Saddam.

Instead of unity with the administration CNN showed outright disent and the next day on Armed forces network we got to see Saddam shooting his shotgun from a balcony in his Palace in celebration.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Yeah my original unit sent me a powerpoint file back in 03 of 4 MIGs found in a similar fashion.

Funny how none of the libs can remember right after we stabilized Sarajevo in 97 that Clinton representatives foolishly had a town meeting at a liberal college to get the pulse of the young minds of mush on how they felt about going into Iraq and taking out Saddam.

Instead of unity with the administration CNN showed outright disent and the next day on Armed forces network we got to see Saddam shooting his shotgun from a balcony in his Palace in celebration.

Funny how the right can't remember it either.

Bluetalon, I remember seeing that photo of the Mig. The question is, as far as biological agents are concerned, wouldn't they simply go bad if they were buried? (I doubt if this Mig would have been usable after being buried, especially since Iraq had a shortage of spare parts for their aircraft.) And there is always the possibility of buried WMDs. But so far, it is just a theory and that is it. Keep in mind, it was the Bush administration's assertions, over and over again, that we WOULD find WMDs. They had zero doubt in their mind, according to their claims. Hey, I am only holding them up to their words - I guess I am just old school like that.

LC80...You have to be stationed to have an opinion? Your an F'in idiot. I have seen you post in numerous threads now, and you sound like you belong in Cuba. Just sit there behind your computer and talk down upon Republican thought, and talk about how every decision the Bush administration has made is wrong. I'll tell you where I'm stationed. I am stationed in Columbia, South Carolina, and if you ever desire a severe beating just come on down and pay me a visit. Oh, and I'll bring along 4 of my brothers who are Stationed at Fort Jackson, 3 of whom have served in Iraq, and all share my same opinion. Let me guess...reliving the glory days of when you and your buddies took bong rips and picketed against Vietnam. Get a life.

Archived