Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Figured Campbell would be signed by now

RWJ

The Packers signed 1st round pick QB Rodgers at No. 24 late last night and figured that Campbell would have been inked by now considering he was our pick at No. 25. I did however, read a report online that he was in Virginia so his deal might be close. Hope so anyway.

Quarterbacks always take longer to slot than position players. Their agents are usually looking for a quarterback 'premium' added to the bonus and that is what causes these deals to get delayed.

I agree that with Rodgers now coming to terms that Campbell's deal is now on the horizon.

Id bet that Campbell will be signed within the next day or two. I am actually less worried about Rogers holding out than I am Campbell.... Rodgers is still recovering and would be held out anyways, where Campbell even as the 3rd stringer is gonna need every rep he can get.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

The skins have to be carefull we are not in the same postion as the Packers. If Ramsey pans out it does not make sense to have THREE quarterbacks making big bucks.

Regardless of a big year for Ramsey or not.. i see him gone within two years or so. I love the guy dont get me wrong but Gibbs doesnt, no matter what has been reported. He doesnt have confidence in him. If he did he would not have gave up so much for JC. Im hoping Ramsey has a big year so If my assumptions are correct we could get something for him instead of just releasing him or letting him go to FA.

For some crazy reason I do think JC is our future and he will get us back to the promise land. Call it a gut feeling or just a new hope of not getting let down again.

Jason Campbell will make Gibbs & CO look like the down right genious' they are.

Originally posted by praise_gibbs

For some crazy reason I do think JC is our future and he will get us back to the promise land. Call it a gut feeling or just a new hope of not getting let down again.

did you say that on purpose, cause I really thought it was clever and funny if you did. Football removed, that quote could appear just about on any message board.

as to Jason Campbell, not Jesus Christ, as Ive read here before and totally agree with his signing is not that important. He can miss camp aslong as we sign him before preseason(even then its not that pressing) all is good.

We would have to have serious injuries to both brunell and Ramsey for him to ever see playing time this year. I want him to sign as quickly as possible, but I have no problem taking the slow boat to sign him.

Archived