Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was a better draft prospect, McNabb or Campbell?

I saw almost every single one of McNabb's college games- and the guy was AMAZING. I couldn't understand all those fans booing McNabb when he was taken. Campbell showed a ton of poise and nerves when he played last season, but he was pretty bad up to that point. It may have been all the different coordinators that he had in college, but he's lucky to be a first round draft choice. And we may be lucky to get a quarterback who shows a certain knack for not letting things bother him- but I hope Campbell doesn't see the field for a few more years. I like Ramsey.

Originally posted by RunPortisRun

Campbell played in the toughest division in college football, the SEC.

Campbell got it together when they put him in the west coast offense his senior year.

Getting Bill Musgrave is making more and more sense.

Uh huh, I think Gibbs would like to have the option of his QB taking off after rolling if the defense allowed it. Thats something you can't really expect a Patrick Ramsey to excell in.

I'd be shocked if Patrick is still a Redskin after this seaosn.

Originally posted by Streater101

Uh huh, I think Gibbs would like to have the option of his QB taking off after rolling if the defense allowed it. Thats something you can't really expect a Patrick Ramsey to excell in.

I'd be shocked if Patrick is still a Redskin after this seaosn.

There is a misconception that Campbell is a scrambling qb like a Vick. Campbell is a pocket passer, not a scrambler even to McNabbs ability. His negatives actually were his scrambling abilities.

McNabb was nasty in college. He pulled out so many games singlehandedly for Syracuse it was ridiculous. He took a mediocre at best program to national prominence for his four years there...if you need proof, they have been on the downslide ever since. Hell, with a competent coach, he may have won a title in his time there. McNabb was a leader from day one at SU...Campbell didn't step up till his senior year.

Without a doubt McNabb was the better prospect.

Archived