Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's New Ombudsman: Your Chance to Slam Lenny P.

Jimbo

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=solomon_george&id=2105986

Former Post Sports Editor George Solomon is the new ombudsman at ESPN. The definition of ombudsman in Webster's New World Dictionary states: "A deputy: a public official appointed to investigate citizens' complaints."

This is our chance to have ESPN hear our complaints with the Hutt's slanted bias against the Skins and, in particular, Daniel Snyder. I've already sent in mine and made sure to include the Extremeskins link so he can see how we all feel about the Pasta King. I refuse to read Lenny's columns anymore but still continue to see all the complaints from the rest of you guys so it's obvious he hasn't let up.

Who knows? Maybe with enough complaints, ESPN will sit up and take notice and Lenny can get back to some of the decent reporting he used to do.

Solomon "retired" as the Post's Sports Editor at the end of 2003 and simply writes the occasioinal column now so he may not be part of the feudal process. As bnacpa said, his Skins related articles are not negative-based and he pretty much tells it like it is so I'm hoping this helps.

I used to enjoy reading Lenny's stuff until he started his Skins/Snyder bashing. Winning could help stop some of this but with his personal vendetta against the Skins, I doubt it.

in case you didn't realize it, ESPN doesn't care if len is getting good feedback or bad feedback from any one particular team's fans. they just care that he is getting feedback. and remember for ever 1 redskins fan that hates what he writes, there are 31 other teams fans who are just looking for something to read. If there is a huge d.c. backlash against him, people in denver, oakland, seatle, ny, kc....are going to say, "What are these d.c. fans talking about i'm going to have to read it." so, in conclusion, by voicing a negative opinion about len, you are just encouraging others to read what he writes and giving him more reason to write it. so just ignore it and let it be.

Archived