Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

53 Man Roster Prediction

smsmith40

Guest amaprius

I actually think Royal might be cut and and we would add another WR which could be Farris, Thrash or McCants. Farris and Baber are supposed to be a ST standouts, so they could replace Thrash/McCants and Royal easily.

Guess we will have to see.......like we have seen every year for the last 3 years.

You are NOT the first to say he was gone. Thankfully, for the last 3 years, the coaches seemed to know more than some of the fans here.

Blondie

I'm thinking that there are so many guys at TE/H-Back that Royal is the only one that's just a TE. Baber? Doubtful. Sellers can always line up as a second tight end anyway and is good at ST.

Barrow's the real wild card, the injury seems to have been cleared up for the time being. I think Smith hangs on. Clark stays. If we drop McCants, he'll get picked up in a heartbeat off waivers.

I'm not sure, but I thought there was a veteran limit to the practice squad, meaning you can't be on one if you've been in the league more than 3 or 4 years, but I could be wrong.

G

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

I think we need at least one big WR on the roster - either Dyson, McCants, or maybe even Gardner.

I also think Barrow may make it, if his condition is improving as much as we hear, unless Holdman or Smith looks really good in the middle.

I understand that Darnerien fell "out of favor" last season, but not keeping him on the roster wouls seem..... unsavvy. McCants was SO close to becoming a #2 (some here cried for it to happen) under Spurrier and many here also thought he'd provide a big spark to our passing offense last season. I'd prefer to see him (a tall, strong #3 or 4) on the field than a back-up speedster.

• 2 weeks later...

Hows this look for our opening day roster?

QB: Ramsey, Brunell, Campbell

RB: Portis, Betts, N.Broughton

FB/HB: Cooley, M.White, M.Sellers

WR: Moss, Patten, Jacobs, McCants, Thrash, A.Brown

TE: R.Royal

OT: Samuels, Jansen, Molinaro

OG: Dockery, Thomas, Wilson, R.Brown

OC: Rabach, Albright (LS)

DE: Daniels, Wynn, R.Warner, D.Evans

DT: Griffin, Noble, Salave'a, Boschetti

OLB: Arrington, Washington, Marshall, Newberry, C.Clemons, B.Allen

MLB: Holdman, C.Smith, McCune