Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sunday ticket at college?

FARAPS

im going to be a freshman next year at lehigh university and im almost positive that each dorm has a cable hookup. im not sure what cable company it is but i was wondering if i could get nfl sunday ticket in my dorm room. i have dish at home and i know i can get it with satellite but im not sure if i can get it at college with cable. does anyone here know if i would be able to? I NEED TO WATCH MY REDSKINS EVERY SUNDAY!

No cable, my friend. The NFL is composed of morons who don't understand the absolute GOLD MINE they'd have with digital cable Sunday ticket packages.

Seriously, these guys are retards and cost the league about 100 million at least, in Sunday Ticket revenue by sticking ONLY to dish.

aoishdasoihd noooo i heard somewhere that cable is doing it now but it must have been wrong. damn im so dissapointed i was so ready to get nfl sunday ticket so i could watch my skins every game. i guess ill be sitting in front onf the computer on nfl.com clicking the refresh button every 2 minutes while looking at the redskins play by play. hey its almost like the real thing right??

:cry:

Faraps, I heard that they might be starting to expand it in 2007, but for right now you still have to have dtv to get the ticket. It is ridiculous, but you have to do what you have to do when you leave the DC area. I think the best bet in college is to find a bar that a bunch of skins fans watch the games at. That is what I did at WVU.

Originally posted by FARAPS

aoishdasoihd noooo i heard somewhere that cable is doing it now but it must have been wrong. damn im so dissapointed i was so ready to get nfl sunday ticket so i could watch my skins every game. i guess ill be sitting in front onf the computer on nfl.com clicking the refresh button every 2 minutes while looking at the redskins play by play. hey its almost like the real thing right??

:cry:

Hey man, I used to go to Bucknell, so I feel your pain...but there is one way around it. Either find a bar in Bethleham, or look on the net for a bar within driving distance and drive/have a friend drive you...there are plenty around that have Sunday ticket, almost positive there'd be one in Bethleham, and they'll almost certainly have one with the game on or you could ask for it to be turned on...and since every game you'll go watch there will be on midday sunday, you should have no problem getting in.

The NFL channel and NFL Sunday Ticket are not the same thing.

NFL Sunday Ticket provides coverage of the games on game day at game time for those of us who are geographically challenged and only see local teams. It is only provided by Direct TV.

Blondie

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

No cable, my friend. The NFL is composed of morons who don't understand the absolute GOLD MINE they'd have with digital cable Sunday ticket packages.

Amen to that...I can't believe the NFL would sucker themselves by giving away exclusive rights to the NFLST.

Cable should come out with the "NFL Game Experience". Select the games of your choice each Sunday for a nominal fee. I can't possible watch them all with NFLST..LOL

66 million cable subscribers being subjected to "regional only" NFL programming by the networks is just friggin greedy stupid.......the NFL is getting ripped off by this greedy crap.

I know they make a ton of money now but "66 Million" subscribers not being offered a choice...come on.

I think DirecTV should be forced to provide the cable companies NFLST from their satellites to provide to the cable consumer.

The NFL is going to need more money down the road so it will eventually happen I think because in the end it's their game.

Az you and I are in agreement.

That the EXTENDED The exclusivity agreement is what boggled my mind. Did they read message boards? Did they ask CABLE customers about what they might want and how large the market was?

Hell, EVEN if I was only allowed to pick two games per time slot, that'd still be fantastic. I just want to be able to watch the Skins.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Az you and I are in agreement.

That the EXTENDED The exclusivity agreement is what boggled my mind. Did they read message boards? Did they ask CABLE customers about what they might want and how large the market was?

Hell, EVEN if I was only allowed to pick two games per time slot, that'd still be fantastic. I just want to be able to watch the Skins.

It's about money. They make more by having the exclusive agreement with Directv. It is a huge loss leader for Directv.

yeaa i guess my friend was talking about the nfl channel.. yea that sucks though i really wish i would have been able to watch my skins at lehigh.

oh yea thanks for the warning about the eagles fans at lehigh.. dont worry ive got something special for any eagles fans i see

:nutkick:

The league isn't nearly as stupid as some of you are making them out to be. DirecTV is paying a huge premium for the exclusive broadcast rights and my bet is that the money the NFL collects from DirecTV far exceeds what they would be able to get if they split the rights between dish and cable providers.

The other issue of course is that the Cable industry is so fragmented that bargaining would be a huge challenge.

Originally posted by NE Skin Fan

Thanks SoCalSkins...just what I needed. Something else I have to talk my wife into letting me buy. :)

Don't be too quick to jump on that one. The site has a whole lot of fluff and barely any specs listed. At best you can expect quality on par with redskins.com streaming videos, but even that seems to be a stretch.

Streaming high quality videos without framedrops requires a tremendous amount of bandwidth that nowadays broadband offerings simply cannot deliver.

Originally posted by laurent

Don't be too quick to jump on that one. The site has a whole lot of fluff and barely any specs listed. At best you can expect quality on par with redskins.com streaming videos, but even that seems to be a stretch.

Streaming high quality videos without framedrops requires a tremendous amount of bandwidth that nowadays broadband offerings simply cannot deliver.

I just picked one up at Best Buy. I will post my results after I get it hooked up.

Update on my previous post.

It was a very easy install. The quality in a LAN environment is outstanding as would be expected. I also connected from the outside and the quality is very good. I have a business cable modem and my upload speed is pretty high, so your mileage may vary depending on your connection type.

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

Update on my previous post.

It was a very easy install. The quality in a LAN environment is outstanding as would be expected. I also connected from the outside and the quality is very good. I have a business cable modem and my upload speed is pretty high, so your mileage may vary depending on your connection type.

So HOW does that enable you to watch games though?

Originally posted by BG

So HOW does that enable you to watch games though?

If you have Directv at home, you are able to stream the game any where you are via the web. In this case if he keeps Sunday Ticket at his parents house, he could watch it at the dorm over the web.

Originally posted by laurent

Well, I think that except for in a few odd circumstances, I would be streaming over my home LAN. Locally, I have tons of bandwitdh that isn't being used.

I agreed with you though, dumping it out over the general net is going to cause you some problems on the quality.

Archived