Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Chiefs Sign Ambrose

jimster

Chiefs Agree to Terms With CB Ambrose

Jul 1, 2:28 PM (ET) Email this Story

http://sports.iwon.com/news/07012005/v0144.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Kansas City Chiefs agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Ashley Ambrose on Friday.

The 13-year veteran started six games for the New Orleans Saints last year. Ambrose was drafted in the second round by Indianapolis in 1992 and has also played for Cincinnati and Atlanta.

The 34-year-old Ambrose has played in 192 regular-season games, recording 550 tackles and 42 interceptions. Ambrose had his best season in 1996 with the Bengals, with eight interceptions. That year, he was a Pro Bowl starter and AFC defensive back of the year.

I still remember the clip of Ambrose getting picked up and set aside by T.O in San Fran on a CB jam!

Not sure how much of an upgrade that is for KC?

But damn, I feel sorry for Ty Law, after seeing him doing those vigerous workouts on ESPN for his rehab, I just hope he finds a team, he was saying that the Pats handled his diagnosis wrong........Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it!!??

Originally posted by stupidsuck

I never would've thought Ty Law would be still unsigned after this long

It's begining to look like he'll have to settle for a one year deal somewhere as a nickel back. - I think KC was the last team interested in him as a starter.

Archived