Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man Gets New 12-Foot Weenie

Island Boy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160730,00.html

Loyd Ardrey's got a new giant wiener.

The Rock Hill, S.C., restaurateur, whose 12-foot smiling hot dog sign, as earlier reported in Out There, was stolen from atop his Ebenezer Grill (search) last month, installed a replacement sign June 11.

"I'm not going to lose my weenie this time," Ardrey told The Herald of Rock Hill. "Even if I have to watch out all night."

"Maybe it needs to be an electric weenie," quipped a friend who was helping him put it up. "Keep the rustlers away."

Business has been way, way up at the Ebenezer since the wayward wiener got worldwide attention, easily paying for the $750 Ardrey had to shell out for the new sign.

"I had a guy in here today who was traveling in South Africa and saw it on television," said Ardrey. "Another guy heard about it when he was in England."

The restaurant roof has been weenie-less in the meantime, except for a neon cactus that another friend of Ardrey's put up there.

Alas, there's still no sign of the old sign.

No kidding, Tarhog. Good call, my friend. Altho, I must admit, I didn't care about the weenie story, I clicked the link at the top about Al Roker, and man, that one is enough for earmuffs for me.

~Bang

Archived