Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are their any true "voluntary" Redskins fans?

Clutch03

I live in Los Angeles and both of the teams that were here left so does that mean no one in the city can cheer for the team of their choice? it didn't bother me because I was a Skins fan when they both were here. I think any fan that wears colors and is loyal to his or her team has that right it doesn't matter where the team plays.

Originally posted by wskin44

Most dull-ass fans I meet have never been to dull-ass. They jumped on the bandwagon years ago when dull-ass was good because they had no mind of their own.

I was born in Georgetown Hospital so the Redskins are in my blood.

I have a friend from Jersey whose father brought home a free pack of football cards that he got for filling up at Texaco back in the fifties. The pack was most of the Redskins team at the time. Gerry became a Redskin fan because of those cards and still hits the sports bars every Sunday to see the Skins play.

Hahah you are 100% right about those so-called "Dull-ass" fans. They just jumped on the bandwagon. I think I have been to Dallas let alone the Dallas football stadium more than a Dull-ass fan living in DC. I wish these people would get a life. I bet when we get out of our slump they will be the first People to criticize non-redskins fans like they have been a redskin’s fans all their life. Typical isn’t it. It’s funny because when I went to the game last season (the one after xmas) we were up in the last quarter and I could see all the gay Dallas fans faces. I saw a few of them take their hats off and I saw half the fans walking out the stadium. (It was great) then when they got that fluke ass play they all wanted to act like they was with them the entire time. One guy tried to put his jersey in my face so I grabbed his shoulder really hard and told him to get his ****ing jersey out my face hahahahaha.:cheers: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I've never been to Washington, yet I've been a fan since 1978. I didn't want to be a fan of the Falcons, born in Georgia, so I saw the Redskins, unfortunately lose to the Falcons, but being it was my first NFL football game I saw in person, I became a Redskins fan. I will never change, so I guess, I can be put in this catagory.

Been a fan since the Skins/denver superbowl. I was 8. I'm 25 now, been a Skins fan for more than 2/3 of my life here in AZ, in the midst of fairweather cowgirls, 9ers, bronco's, and raiders fans.

AZ got a team the year before I believe, in 86', but I inherently hate anything to do with phoenix.

For those of you who discount us out of area fans, I'd like to hear you explain how you're a better more loyal fan than us. we stick with a team that has played poorly for a while now, often in enemy team territory. And yet, though we have no reason other than our love for the team, we stick with it.

I bet I've silenced more dallas fans in one day than some of you see in a week.

Originally posted by MrSilverMaC

For those of you who discount us out of area fans, I'd like to hear you explain how you're a better more loyal fan than us. we stick with a team that has played poorly for a while now, often in enemy team territory. And yet, though we have no reason other than our love for the team, we stick with it.

I bet I've silenced more dallas fans in one day than some of you see in a week.

I totally agree ... it amazes me how someone could not live in this area or grow up in a Redskin family and actually CHOOSE to be a Skins fan.

I can't discredit anyone for that. Especially with the "dark ages" we've gone through. It would have been easy to jump ship but you didn't and I respect that.

Archived