Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A free agent in the bush

Burgold

No, this is not a post about the President nor is it one about Austrailia. I thought I'd try something on football.

Which was the worse miss in free agency for the Redskins in terms of talent and contract signed? Who is the one player we should have gotten that another team stole that would have been the best value and a good fit?

Guest Trevor

Well, the worst free agent signing has to be probably Dana Stubblefield. some might say Deion, but at least he had a good season here, Stubby was nothing but a big, fat expensive waste of space.

The other question is a lot harder, I guess one guy I would have liked for the price he signed was Bob Hallen. Another was Damon Moore. I guess you could go all the way back to when the Packers signed Reggie White when the Skins looked to be the frontrunner. Kinda set the tone for the next several Norv-infested seasons.

Burgold, judging from the content of the political conversations, especially in the Tailgate, a player having weirded out views would likely find a good home here :). Our biggest free agent bust has to be Stubblefield though Sanders, due to the cap hit, has to be close here. The guy I wanted most and we failed to get was Hallen this offseason. He'd have solidified the line for YEARS to come. Alas.

Archived