Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B&G Redskins flowers

SkinSabbath

I've heard of Gibbsians. They're a different breed. They have two cycles the first being the longest. The first cycle lasts 11 years and the 2nd cycle lasts 5 years. It is a very triumphant flower found in the hall of fame of flowers for its texture and scent.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

I've heard of Gibbsians. They're a different breed. They have two cycles the first being the longest. The first cycle lasts 11 years and the 2nd cycle lasts 5 years. It is a very triumphant flower found in the hall of fame of flowers for its texture and scent.

Yeah,

I hear it's a Champion flower.....matter of fact it's won three championships in the past and looks like it will win a few more....

Originally posted by Tarhog

Thats an Iris of some kind. You can tell because the leaves look like giant blades of grass and by the shapes of the flowers.

Yeah - I know about flowers.

Sue me. :)

:laugh: :cheers:

I've been told by my neighbors that it is in fact an Iris; turns out we have all kinds and colors in the garden

Thanks for the help Tarhog and Blondie :)

:point2sky

Pah! Irises? Please! Blondie and Tarhog are giving you poor advice.

Those are extremely dangerous and toxic plants! Pull them out before they overtake your yard. They leech trichonosis and hepatitis-like bacteria into the soil, may kill your grass and harm small pets/children.

Send me the plants -- make sure to include root systems and soil -- and I can do some further diagnosis.

Ok, Ok, fine. Like Tarhog, I like flowers. Whatchu gonna do about it?

They are indeed iris variants. They go by several names and, in fact, there are several types that have similar colors. Names include:

Blondie's Whoop'em Up Iris (see above)

Dante's Inferno Iris

dantes_inferno.jpg

Gypsy Caravan Iris

3422.jpg

Iris 'Blatant' (a bit duller, maroon red and yellower-yellow)

blatant.jpg

If you decide to purchase or pursue one of the above irises, my advice is to seek help from a local gardening store before searching for bulbs on line. Mrs. TheDane and I have had about 50% hit rate of on-line purchased bulbs taking root.

Originally posted by RamseyFan

I moved to Denver about 6 years ago, and when I got here there were these awesome B&G flowers in the front yard! :D They just came in this week.

Does anybody know what they are called? I want to get some more

I think they are Iris...es...es :paranoid: es ;)

Archived