Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green Questioned in Early '80s Homicide Investigation

radagast5

Originally posted by Zuck

I think I remember. It was a weird murder case involving a midget, some duck tape, and for some strange reason a mummified duck.

Darrell was questioned because they had found three midgets handcuffed in Darrells basement but it turns out they were there of their own free will.

They wanted autographs!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think there are MORE men suffering from PMS on this board than all of the women put together.

So much *****ing if someone says something that is NOT EXACTLY what YOU should be said.

Geez. This IS getting old and tiresome.

Blondie

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

Boy I don't know. I've seen 11-12 yo kids in Busch Stadium with backpack full of cards or 8x10 trying to get one player to sign 4-5 of the same 8x10. Being a kid makes it easy to get the auto and these baseball players would be signing a line of fans' thing not paying attention to who is standing above them and when they get their 8x10 auto'd they just move further in the back of the line. One kid had even told me that's how he got his spending money. I aksed him why he had several of the same 8x10s. Told me he turned and sold the 8x10s and cards to a card shop dealer and taking photos on a throwaway camera as it's being signed for proof.

A couple years ago I was at the Jacksonville game and stayed at the same hotel the team was at, and there was Card dealers there all night in the lobby and they brought little kids with them that did nothing but chase the players for autographs and run right back and pile them in duffle bags. It was crazy, they have a hard time telling who the real fans are.

Hey radagast5, it's not a big deal. I certainly didn't mean to pick on you or the post (although I was a bit harsh in my reply). The timing of it set me off. There are others trying to draw bizarre parallels between Taylor and other former Skins from Westbrook on down to Manley and I guess I unwittingly lumped your post in with theirs. So...sorry 'bout that.

One thing in regards to D Green - his public persona and his heart are two different things. It's sad to hear about anyone charging a child for an autograph, but Green has helped so many kids over the years (so profoundly changed their lives) that charging for autos across the board shouldn't be such an evil thing. I don't like it, but it's a way for him to pump more money into his charity. Parents should be more notified of this kind of stuff.

Originally posted by dannyboy70

Hey radagast5, it's not a big deal. I certainly didn't mean to pick on you or the post (although I was a bit harsh in my reply). The timing of it set me off. There are others trying to draw bizarre parallels between Taylor and other former Skins from Westbrook on down to Manley and I guess I unwittingly lumped your post in with theirs. So...sorry 'bout that.

No harm, no foul, dannyboy. Thanks for clarifying, though.

I understand how at first blush it was possible to construe an implied conneection between Taylor and Green. The only connection was a train of thought that led me from Taylor's situation to remembering Green's.

Still can't find any details on Darrell's incident. I read an article about it quite a long time ago, and I can't remember where I read it, though it was definitely online. I'm going to keep searching and see if I can dig anything up. I'm very curious as to what the details were, though I know for certain that Darrell was not involved in any way beyond simply knowing the person who died.

I never met Mr. Green personally,

but he seems to be a great man along with his great football talent.

And look, maybe he had a bad day with some fans.....unless he did it to me....I can't say that he's a jerk to fans....

Hell, Cal Ripken (who I understand is pretty fan friendly) has also been accused of being a "jerk" to fans on occasion.

I can say that I've met a few Redskins and know friend who have met players as well and all have been good stories.

being a professional athelte is such a hard spot, you're always in the spotlight.. in seeing players first hand - i would be upset with some fans the way they expect me to always give my autograph. for example at training camp last year people would wait in line for autographs and after practice when players or coaches had to go back (they were on a strict schedule) fans would always show frustration with the players or coaches. Some extreme ones would even shout obsenities for not signing their kids' stuff... now who is the jerk?

I think pro athletes should not be so important to so many people.

Archived