Skins.com:Training Camp Scheduled to Begin July 31

JLMRacing

I Can't wait baby!! Not to much longer lol

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=5545

Training Camp Scheduled to Begin July 31

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

June 2, 2005

Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot will once again be held at Redskins Park, with players due to report on Sunday, July 31. The first practice of training camp is scheduled for Monday, Aug. 1.

As in years past, specific practices will be open to the public. There'll be souvenirs and jerseys available at retail trailers, opportunities for autographs--and of course, head coach Joe Gibbs and the Redskins players gearing up for the 2005 regular season.

Check back with Redskins.com for the complete training camp schedule and more details. Also, information on registering for your free Fan Invitation to training camp will be posted in the coming weeks.

Players will once again stay as a team at the National Conference Center in nearby Lansdowne, Va.

It is the third year in a row and fourth time in the last six years that the Redskins are hosting their pre-season summer camp at the year-round facility.

Head coach Joe Gibbs praised the 2004 training camp at Redskins Park, saying that he enjoyed the convenience of holding camp near the year-round facility.

"In general, I kind of liked it here," Gibbs said last August. "I was curious how I would like it. The only two places I've held camp is in Carlisle (Pa.), and here. From the short amount of time we have for camp, to go all the way to another site would probably be too much moving around."

During Gibbs' first tenure with the team from 1981-93, the Redskins held training camp at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pa., each year. In 1994, the team moved to Frostburg State College in Frostburg, Md., then moved to Redskins Park in 2000.

The Redskins returned to Carlisle for training camp in the 2001 and 2002 seasons.

Incase you're wondering about why your post was edited.

Rules and Guidelines

7. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts.

Strict accordance with this rule allows visitors to utilize discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the same topic.

If you are posting a published article from a news source... please follow the respective naming convention - "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (ex. WP: Redskins sign Shawn Springs). Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content without the editorials.

9. When posting news articles from outside sources include a direct link (ie. url) to the page/site the content originated from. Please paste the url directly atop the post and before the content. Such practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites.

The team now needs to post the complete schedule so I can plan which days I will attend camp. I am expecting it will be like last year when coach Gibbs restricted the number of open practices.

For those that have forgotten what camp looks like.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Incase you're wondering about why your post was edited.

Rules and Guidelines

7. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts.

Strict accordance with this rule allows visitors to utilize discretion when selecting content to read. It also serves to notify members if a particular topic has already been posted and discussed and potentially prevents multiple threads on the same topic.

If you are posting a published article from a news source... please follow the respective naming convention - "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (ex. WP: Redskins sign Shawn Springs). Be respectful of the fact that some people come to ExtremeSkins explicitly for latest Redskins news and content without the editorials.

9. When posting news articles from outside sources include a direct link (ie. url) to the page/site the content originated from. Please paste the url directly atop the post and before the content. Such practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites.

Will do, sorry about that:doh:

Originally posted by sugewhite94

When i played at FSU, having the Skins players there was great! They used to buy TV's & Bikes and give us them when camp was over! Plus i have have like 20 plus Practice jerseys from players like S. Davis, M. Westbrook, and Champ...

I too played at frostburg. Last season was my first season... however had to leave for health reasons. Had a great time while i was up there. Coach stevenson is great.

As far as training camp at ashburn.... how many extremers go? pretty soon im gonna order an extremeskins shirt for myself and the fiance so we can be identified.

I just hope the fans read the announcements beofr they go to camp... I hope you are listening - you poor group of people I met last year from NC that drove all night only to wait in the parking lot at fedex field until someone from security told you to go to ashburn!

Archived