Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's this "Spurrier" fellow?

Pourdanesh

If anyone's interested in a little reminiscing ...

I last left the Independence Bowl with South Carolina up 21 - 0 ... I've come back to a 28 - 28 tie. While there's no denying he's done an impressive job with that program, I'm holding out hope to see another slow-motion clip of Steve-o blowing a raspberry!

The game's on ESPN, 13:30 mins left in the 4th.

(I'm conscious of us new members starting superfluous threads ... if this one bothers anyone, pl. let me know)

HAIL:helmet:

If anyone's interested in a little reminiscing ...

I last left the Independence Bowl with South Carolina up 21 - 0 ... I've come back to a 28 - 28 tie. While there's no denying he's done an impressive job with that program, I'm holding out hope to see another slow-motion clip of Steve-o blowing a raspberry!

The game's on ESPN, 13:30 mins left in the 4th.

(I'm conscious of us new members starting superfluous threads ... if this one bothers anyone, pl. let me know)

HAIL:helmet:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm watching now hoping to see the rasberry :)

Steve who???

JK - but I have tried to erase his painful tenure as the Skins' coach from my memory. Far too traumatic for my liking.

Then again, maybe it was all part of the prophecy - that the team had to sink so low with SS as the coach for Gibbs to really consider coming back to try and fix the team.

Hes the Offensive Master Mind that showed the NFL what the fun and gun is really about. 8 wide recievers, no running backs and 2 offensive linemen for maximum protection.

Man has NO fear at all in him, would go for it on 4th and 20 at his own 5 yard line, wow if he doesnt make the Hall of shame, I mean Fame then i just dont know who should :laugh:

Sorry, you'll get no anti-Spurrier venom from me. The guy voluntarially walked away from 15 million dollars that he could have easily screwed the Redskins into giving him. And I'm not sure the Danny ever would have fired him if he didn't quit.

The organization is where it is now only because Spurrier realized that what he was trying to do wasn't working, and allowed the organization to move on without him.

Archived