Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what is my best route to get playoff tix?

kjyerm

Cheapest would likely be an eBay auction, craigslist, or this forum.

Another thing to consider is the huge number of tickets available. Stubhub is showing over 8,000 tickets right now. Compare this with most regular season games on a Monday - it's normally at about 1,100. That includes last night's game. And I remember the Detroit game in '99 - tickets were really no problem, and not very expensive. Yes, it's a big game this Sunday, but there are just sooo many tickets to be sold in a short amount of time, that prices are going to become competitive. They have to be.

As far as timing, I'd wait at least another day or so. Waiting until the end of the week wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea, either.

Yeah there will likely be deals. But remember - you have the risk of counterfeit tix too.

Funny you say that Mark....last night I stood in line to buy some Club level tix at the box office and there was staff on hand urging people to buy their tix from the box office last night "as it is the only way to guarantee that they weren't buying counterfeits" and that " they were bound to pay a lot more if they didn't buy last night"

the best bet is on here, but keep in mind nobody is going to sell them for face value, be prepared to pay 30 to 50% markup, if not more. My brother in law bought 2 lower level tickets for about 315 a peice, luckily he has that kind of cash so it's no biggie for him. Uppers are going to cost you about $175 to 200 most likely

The number of tickets available for purchase has actually been increasing since yesterday, and prices are coming down. The total tix available was 8100 this morning on SH and now it's 8700.

Patience, people. There is no rush. The greediest sellers are generally the ones with the best seats, and those are the ones who will be forced to drop their prices on tickets towards the end of the week.

I'm pretty surprised at how much lower tickets are for this Sunday's game as compared to last week's Dallas game. On eBay especially, you can get a pair of good lowers and a parking pass for $500 - $700. Not cheap by any means, but it looks okay considering the same packages ran over $800 - $1000 for the Dallas game.

I know the Cowboys game was one of the biggest regular season games in Skins history. But still, this is the first home playoff game in 13 years.

Is it because Seattle is a much less popular opponent than the Cowboys? Or maybe so many fans blew their wad buying tickets for the Dallas game? Weird.

I'm pretty surprised at how much lower tickets are for this Sunday's game as compared to last week's Dallas game. On eBay especially, you can get a pair of good lowers and a parking pass for $500 - $700. Not cheap by any means, but it looks okay considering the same packages ran over $800 - $1000 for the Dallas game.

I know the Cowboys game was one of the biggest regular season games in Skins history. But still, this is the first home playoff game in 13 years.

Is it because Seattle is a much less popular opponent than the Cowboys? Or maybe so many fans blew their wad buying tickets for the Dallas game? Weird.

I think it's the former. The build-up to that Dallas game was unlike anything I've ever seen. It was like a perfect storm -

our biggest rivals + must-win game to get into the playoffs for BOTH teams + last game of the regular season + xmas time (many bought tickets as gifts) = ridiculously inflated prices.

But, as someone who went to the game, it was worth every dime =)

ASCTICKET is being very aggressive in keeping their listings below market. And they'll keep dropping prices as the weekend approaches.

Example: Two tix in 303 row 19 for $509. No fees, free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330642478720

Don't go to their site. Monitor their eBay listings.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=redskins+bengals+tickets&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ssn=ascticket&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=redskins+seahawks+tickets&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Ticket prices seem to be dropping quick. SRO's can be had for $89 on Ebay and stubhub. They were about $140 this afternoon. Same thing for other areas too. MTH is right, there is close to 10,000 tickets available on stubhub right now. The Cowboys game had less than 1,000 last week at this time. I think tickets are going to end up being had for at or below face come Saturday/Sunday morning.

I think the brokers priced tickets too high and it scared a lot of people off. It there had been normal prices on Monday, there would be a more reasonable amount of tickets left for sale. Hopefully people will buy up those 10,000 tickets and we won't have a bunch of empty seats in front of National TV.

Agree with the above post. Thats my fear. The prices are jacked up so high right now, especially on here and on Craigslist that most of us are becoming more comfortable with the idea of just watching from home. Just hoping there arent a lot of empty seats because of it.

Prices will continue to drop, but not by too much more. # of tickets went from 10k to around 7k due to all the tickets without electronic delivery.

Many of the tickets with the higher prices are people who are planning on going, but probably willing to cough up their tickets at a premium price, and then turn around and buy cheaper tickets; essentially going to the game for free.

Market is aimed at people willing to cough up the money for tickets to be a sure-thing. I can see prices dropping til about Saturday, and then picking up Saturday night as people go out, meet with friends, and catch the Redskins-bug and decide to plan to hit up the game the next day. :)

You heard it hear first. haha

Several pairs of Dream Seats and Loge are on StubHub for under $350/ticket. A few pairs of Dream Seats are offered at $317/ticket. The market is completely saturated with sellers.

Pretty amazing that the last two regular season games (BAL and DAL) were selling for more than the first home playoff game in 13 years.

Archived