Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three Redskins Ravens tickets for sale plus Lakers Wizards and another Wizards game for free!

dudleyismydog

Sold

I am selling my Three Redskins Ravens tickets in section 405 row 19 for $270 each. As an incentive, I will throw in my two Lakers Wizards seats and 2 Wizards tickets to a game in 2013

Total cost $810 gets you three Redskins Ravens tickets and two Wizards Lakers and another two Wizards tickets to a game in 2013

Private message if interested,

Please try to post "friend prices" as we all try to regard each other on this site as friends, and using the free advertising that this forum offers to profit at your fellow member's expense is greatly frowned upon by the membership

I always get a kick out of these threads. Is he going to get $270 per ticket for those seats? Not a chance, and he's crazy for asking. But unless you are willing to pony up face value for tickets for the 3-6 Redskins playing the Eagles a few weeks ago (And no one was because "you could buy them on stubhub for less!!!"), why would you expect him to cut you a deal when the tickets are considerably more valuable than face value. I'll make you a deal, I'll sell you my Redskins Ravens tickets in section 125 for face value if you promise to buy both of my preseason games next season plus one other game of my choosing for face as well. Deal? Who is really responsible for the large number of visiting fans in the stadium each week, the sellers who are trying to get their money back/make a profit or the Redskins fans who refuse to pay market value because they feel entitled to get the tickets for face despite the fact they never invested in season tickets?

no problem with asking for a premium but asking for 4x face is just a d*** move, gump ur rant doesnt even really make sense

You proved his point in your previous post. Why is it ok for you to expect he should sell Wizards tickets for less than he paid for them because you can buy them cheaper elsewhere, but he can't sell his Redskins tickets for more? I have news for you, if I could buy tickets for every Redskins game for face value or less outside of the Redskins, I wouldn't have season tickets. I wish I could just buy tickets to the best games without having to buy tickets to the awful ones. There is nothing more fun than owning week 17 tickets when your team is 5-10, let me tell you.

In the 10 years I have had season tickets, I have year after year paid the Redskins significantly more than I could have purchased similar tickets on the secondary market. Now that the trend seems to be reversing and the tickets are finally worth more than I pay, why shouldn't I be able to sell for wherever I can get? Granted I have no intention of selling my personal tickets, but I will never judge someone who will sell theirs.

I just did. Your may need to look af it again.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?304095-Guidelines-For-This-Forum

Nothing about price. But it does mention not to hijack a thread to steer buyers away.

Folks, combative as he and the OP may be about it, drjive is right on this issue. The rules are fairly clear. The big no-no's are hijacking someone's thread, and not purchasing tickets on the cheap from someone here, who sold them to you in good faith to use them, then turning around and reselling them somewhere else for a profit. Hijacking will get you a warning, the buy and re-sell thing will get your account banned and removed.

As to price, it is encouraged that you cut fellow Skins fans a break on this website, specifically because it is free advertising and ES does not charge transaction fees to the seller, etc. It does not say that the seller is required to sell for less than face or acceptable markup based on the relative worth of the tickets. As I recall, the general rule was that in good times, Face + 20% could be considered acceptable. Obviously, the OP is shooting for more than that and he's well within his rights to do so. He likely won't get a buyer here, but those of you lecturing him (and DrJive) would do well to read the sticky thread carefully.

For those quoting the "friend prices" section, again, read it carefully. It is frowned upon but not a violation. And if similar tickets are going for $400 somewhere else, face is $200, and you buy them for $300, you still got a friend price and you still paid above face. It's relative. In this case, I don't think the Wizards tickets are a great additional motivator, but that might catch someone's eye.

Edit* Out of curiosity, I did some basic searches on EBay/Stubhub for tickets. While I do not support the OP's particular pricing level, it seems to be relatively in line with what others are asking for similar seats. If you find a better deal, go buy them, but don't hijack.

Folks, combative as he and the OP may be about it, drjive is right on this issue. The rules are fairly clear. The big no-no's are hijacking someone's thread, and not purchasing tickets on the cheap from someone here, who sold them to you in good faith to use them, then turning around and reselling them somewhere else for a profit. Hijacking will get you a warning, the buy and re-sell thing will get your account banned and removed.

As to price, it is encouraged that you cut fellow Skins fans a break on this website, specifically because it is free advertising and ES does not charge transaction fees to the seller, etc. It does not say that the seller is required to sell for less than face or acceptable markup based on the relative worth of the tickets. As I recall, the general rule was that in good times, Face + 20% could be considered acceptable. Obviously, the OP is shooting for more than that and he's well within his rights to do so. He likely won't get a buyer here, but those of you lecturing him (and DrJive) would do well to read the sticky thread carefully.

For those quoting the "friend prices" section, again, read it carefully. It is frowned upon but not a violation. And if similar tickets are going for $400 somewhere else, face is $200, and you buy them for $300, you still got a friend price and you still paid above face. It's relative. In this case, I don't think the Wizards tickets are a great additional motivator, but that might catch someone's eye.

Edit* Out of curiosity, I did some basic searches on EBay/Stubhub for tickets. While I do not support the OP's particular pricing level, it seems to be relatively in line with what others are asking for similar seats. If you find a better deal, go buy them, but don't hijack.

I haven't been combative, i was told to check my facts on policies for pricing and I did. then when i checked the sticky, it said we shouldnt steer away buyers, or buy tix here and flip them. Exactly why we should leave this thread alone. Hopefully the OP was able to sell his tickets.

I have sold all the tickets, thank you very much and to be quite honest, I think it had a lot to do with the chatter on here because I didnt sell them till late last night so I appreciate you all keeping the thread near the top.

I do have one thing to say- There is some discussion here about whether Skins fans should be selling to other Skins fans at a markup. Yes, it a wonderful world, that is fine and dandy, but lets be real. If someone offered you what a ticket is actually worth, why would I say, no no no, please, pay me less than the value of the ticket? Anyway, the person you all should be mad at isnt the season ticket holder who is just trying to defray the cost of paying for two preseason games at regular season price. Selling these games is how I get to take my kid to the games and if that makes me an a hole, well so be it.

If you really wanted to get salty at something, look at what happened this weekend on Stubhub. Yesterday, there were around 545 tickets available with the cheapest tickets being $200 each. The Redskins usually release a couple thousand SRO seats a week before the game at $40 each that they sell on ticketmaster, but that never happened.

At 7pm yesterday, 2k tickets appeared on Stubhub with almost all of them being Standing Room only tickets. Think about it, why would the Redskins release these tickets normally and only charge $40 when they can go through their business partner Stubhub and sell them at 5X that price. Or I would be curious if it was a broker, if it was the broker that they use for their away game trips (which offer nothing but overpriced tickets and hotel rooms)

Archived