Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Music from Soundgarden and the Deftones (leaks)

codeorama

Soundgarden's King Animal and the Deftones Koi No Yokan have both leaked and IMO, both are awesome albums. (I'll purchase both on iTunes when they are officially released, but I couldn't wait to hear them)

In particular, Koi No Yokan is possibly the best Deftones album of all. I'm partial to Around the Fur, but, this one could eventually beat it for me... too early to tell though.

iTunes is doing a free preview of the new Soundgarden. I haven't listened to it, but my wife has and she said it felt like making her douche. Usually, when she says that, the songs are slow and don't rock. She is a huge metal head. I really liked Black Rain. I heard one other and I thought it was lame.

I love metal, but I'd never consider this or any other Soundgarden album metal. I think this new album is very much in line with all their other stuff.

Been waiting for new Soundgarden for a really long time. I'm listening to the free stream on itunes right now. Totally badass. Can't wait to see this show.

---------- Post added November-10th-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

Half way through now. Awesome...

I love love love deftones. How does the new stuff compare to diamond eyes (which I thought was their best since white pony)?

I actually liked Diamond Eyes a lot as well. I think this is better over all. Great mix of low grinding 8 string guitar and Chino's trademark vocals. IMO, Leathers is one of their best songs EVER. I can listen to the whole thing without skipping songs.

I'd agree that the Soundgarden album is not earth shattering. I like it a lot, but it isn't badmotorfinger. The song Non-State Actor is amazing. I love it. I also like a couple others a great deal. But it's overall, nothing that will stop the world.

Koi No Yokan on the other hand is in the top 2 of all Deftones releases IMO.

• 5 months later...

Archived