Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recording internet radio

Bang

I've tried a zillion things.. short of rolling back my drivers to get the old "stereo mix" option back.

I have a nice one that records music, but radio is proving to be a bit tricky

So i figure that I may as well try a piece of software, but would rather not get a ton of mal / spyware with it.

~Bang

The software I used forever for audio is Adobe Audition. Not sure if you need something that powerful, but it's great and pretty user friendly. I'd stay away from Pro-Tools or things of that ilk. You can get away with several free or really cheap programs, but I do think it's good to have the flexibility of having noise reduction, multi-tracking and some of the nicer features at your disposal should you need them.

To be honest, I haven't really hunted around in a while since I have been happy with what I own and use what's available at the radio station otherwise, but Audition, Vegas, and a few others are pretty good.

Hmmm... I may have slightly jumped the gun in reading your title. You don't want to record for internet radio or podcasts, but record off the internet. If that's the case, you don't need anything as remotely powerful as what I'm suggesting.

Archived