Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins fans in Chicago?

sparkosaurus

Hello ES.

Long time since I posted (waaaay back then I was in SF!) but I'm recently moved to Chicago and was wondering if a) there were other fans out here, B) if there's a way to get the Bills game live next week (I know about NFL Preseason live but I'm afraid the game won't be sold out so will have to wait to see it) and c) if anyone is planning on hitting the Skins-Bears preseason game?

Really stoked for this year....love me some RGIII

HTTR!

Hello ES.

Long time since I posted (waaaay back then I was in SF!) but I'm recently moved to Chicago and was wondering if a) there were other fans out here, B) if there's a way to get the Bills game live next week (I know about NFL Preseason live but I'm afraid the game won't be sold out so will have to wait to see it) and c) if anyone is planning on hitting the Skins-Bears preseason game?

HTTR!

I just moved to Chi-town myself. I have two tickets to the game but I'm going with a fellow skins fan. If you look on Craigslist you can get them at close to half of face. Let me know if you find a bar that will be showing the Bills game. I can't be sure to make it because I have a weird work schedule but would love to watch it somewhere.

I live in Chicago and have a plan with a fellow ES'er for the Bears vs Redskins preseason game on 08/18. You guys should come. Let's link up on Facebook or E-mails. What do you guys prefer? As far as watching the preseason game there is a Redskins bar on the north side called "Meave" , that is where you will want to be.

Hello ES.

HTTR!

If you're not in Buffalo, then I don't think the Buffalo game will be blacked out. Should only be the local market from what I understand but I'm not 100%.

I live in Chicago and have a plan with a fellow ES'er for the Bears vs Redskins preseason game on 08/18. You guys should come. Let's link up on Facebook or E-mails. What do you guys prefer? As far as watching the preseason game there is a Redskins bar on the north side called "Meave" , that is where you will want to be.

Amen to that, Maeve is a great spot for Redskins games. Hopefully they will show all the preseason games there. Dare I say it but I think Maeve is a better bar than most Redskin bars in the DMV.

:helmet:

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 03:11 PM ----------

Hello ES.

HTTR!

Welcome to Chicago, The 'Skins fans the better. But if you can go to Maeve. please do it. It's a great place to watch a redskins game.

:helmet:

Can everyone PM me their e-mails? I will send a group e-mail to link us all up.

Done

---------- Post added August-3rd-2012 at 04:35 PM ----------

Link to Maeve's Redskins presence on the web: https://www.facebook.com/FightforOldDC

I won't be going to the game next weekend unfortunately -- I'll be on vacation instead.

Strange that it's at a wine bar? I'll definitely check it out.

Sent... I've heard about Maeve and live near it so I'll be there... Does anyone know if CSN or FSN is showing the game? As far as I know Sunday ticket doesn't carry preseason so I'm not sure Meave will have it... If so, I'm there...I got Bears tix the other day... Section 336 I think... It's in the 300s, bears side on the 50 yard line... down for hooking up at the game

I just moved to chicago as well, and I was going to go to Maeve as well, since that's the only Redskins bar google directed me to.

I hand't even thought about going to the bears game... I'll order tickets now. I may be going with an ex. If not, I'll be down for meeting up with you some of you guys.

Did some research and it appears as though the Bills game will be airing on Comcast SportsNet Washington which is available on DirecTV if you have the sports package....anyone who has been to Maeve...do you know if they have that channel? Does anyone recall them moving over to that channel for post game interviews once the game is done?

Surely there will be more fans at the game in Chicago than there were in Buffalo

I think you're right. Chicago is one of the biggest cities in the country and Soldier Field is one of the smallest stadiums in the NFL. I think you're pretty much guaranteed a solid crowd. I've tried to pick up late-season Bears tickets when they're out of contention and it's still usually a pretty expensive prospect.

I just moved to Chicago from DC late last year and went to watch a bunch of games at Maeve. It's a great time and the bartenders are very cool. I'll be there for almost all the games this year. I highly recommend it.

It looks like I'll be going to the game this weekend. NAZology--I'll PM you my contact info.

Archived