Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Beanie blazes through Ohio State's pro day

bubba9497

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/57042?eref=fromSI

Click link for entire article

Beanie blazes through Ohio State's pro day

By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com

Representatives from 29 NFL teams were in Columbus on Friday for Ohio State's pro day, as a number of Buckeyes hoped to improve their marks from the combine.

Defensive back Malcolm Jenkins did not improve and ran poorly again. Jenkins' 40 times ranged between 4.46-4.53 seconds on the Buckeyes' super-fast track. Usually, .07-.1 seconds are added to the times from the Ohio State pro day because of the fast surface. After the workout, Jenkins seemed resigned that he'll likely make the move to safety in the NFL, saying he'll take at it as a positive.

Running back Beanie Wells showed marked improvement Friday. The big ball carrier had stop watches reading from 4.34-4.46 seconds before any adjustments were made. Wells said he worked hard since the combine to get his time down. He told the media after workout he stayed up as late as 10 p.m. some evenings to work on his start to knock off precious tenths.

Three-time Al-American linebacker James Laurinaitis ran uninspired times between 4.68-4.78 seconds, while wide receiver Brian Robiskie was in the 4.5-second range.

Just ran himself out of the area where the Eagles pick.

Great news.

The Eagles would never pick him. He doesn't catch the ball and he doesn't block; both traits that the Eagles must have from their RBs. See Ryan Moats.

The Eagles covet Donald Brown and Knowshon Moreno. Moreno would be a great transition from Westbrook as he winds down the last 2-3 meaningful years of his career.

I heard people actually grumbling say it's due to the Ohio State turf that he ran so fast ...

How about he busted his butt and earned that time.

I'm sure he has worked hard for that time but it's common practice to adjust times based on the running surface. Some tracks are legitimately faster than others hence the point of getting all the prospects in one place for the scouting combine.

The Eagles would never pick him. He doesn't catch the ball and he doesn't block; both traits that the Eagles must have from their RBs. See Ryan Moats.

The Eagles covet Donald Brown and Knowshon Moreno. Moreno would be a great transition from Westbrook as he winds down the last 2-3 meaningful years of his career.

Don't think Moreno will be around Philly's pick either though.

Don't think Moreno will be around Philly's pick either though.

You think both will be off the board before 21? Most mocks don't reflect that. I'll be honest; I covet Moreno and think he has top 10 talent and potential......don't know why he has been projected to the 20s.

You think both will be off the board before 21? Most mocks don't reflect that. I'll be honest; I covet Moreno and think he has top 10 talent and potential......don't know why he has been projected to the 20s.

I think they are both top 20 talent and will be taken accordingly.

Cool, so if the Eagles get either of them, you will say they got great value and now have an excellent player, correct?

I was high on both of those players in college. They should go around the 15-20 range. If they fall, theres probably things I don't know about them that the experts and scouts do.

But I would concede either would be a solid pick for the Ealges. Although knowing Lurie/Reid and Co., I don't see them going RB in the first round.

There are bigger and more pressing needs on that team right now where a better value pick would be someone else.

Quality RB's are found in every round, every year. The success rate of finding other positions isn't nearly as good.

Cool, so if the Eagles get either of them, you will say they got great value and now have an excellent player, correct?

That said, (my post above), it would be a shame if the Eagles drafted either because then I would have to hate players I really liked in college.

Archived