Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanksgiving - who will miss the NFL Network game?

gridironmike

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here is the historical rundown of Thanksgiving Day results http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/thanksgiving.jsp#2000. I don't have NFL Network, so I'll miss the Denver at Kansas City Game. This will be the first NFL game I haven't had television access to in a long time. I do have Sirius, so I'll get to hear it. Who gets it and who misses out?

By the way, ESPN will televise Boston College at Miami that night at 7:30, so we'll still get some football.

Saw Peter King on HBO's football. He said that the NFL's decision to put games on the NFL network will bite them in the butt later.

On Dec. 21 is the Vikings vs Packers. Could be Favre's last game. The NFL network is not carried everywhere. Especially in Madison, WI where the governor of Wisconsin lives. Unless he has a dish, he will not be able to see Farvre's last home game.

Didn't know that some of the most populated parts of the country do not have it. Forces you to go to satellite to just see football.

Saw Peter King on HBO's football. He said that the NFL's decision to put games on the NFL network will bite them in the butt later.

On Dec. 21 is the Vikings vs Packers. Could be Favre's last game. The NFL network is not carried everywhere. Especially in Madison' date=' WI where the governor of Wisconsin lives. Unless he has a dish, he will not be able to see Farvre's last home game.

Didn't know that some of the most populated parts of the country do not have it. Forces you to go to satellite to just see football.[/quote']

Seems to me that is precisely the NFL's goal. Force every provider to carry the network; force every viewer to opt for the network.

I'm going home for the weekend, so I'll get it. If I stayed in San Diego I wouldn't.

The NFL is preparing to launch a $100 million attack ad campaign over the next six months in an attempt to force cable TV operators to carry its NFL Network channel, which will begin airing regular-season games in November.

If the cable providers don't sign up, the NFL will urge consumers to switch to satellite TV operators that carry the channel, NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky says.

McCARTHY:More on the NFL ad campaign

The 2½-year-old channel also has basic cable and/or digital distribution deals with at least 75 cable operators, including Comcast, the nation's top cable provider, and reaches 41 million homes. With the NFL Network airing regular-season games beginning Thanksgiving night, the league thinks it has the leverage to force its way into 25 million more homes this season. The TV, radio, print and magazine ads, which will target cable operators by name, could begin as early as next week, Palansky says.

"We think it's asinine that Time Warner (the nation's No. 2 cable provider) carries 12 shopping channels and 50 other channels you don't want — but can't find room for one dedicated to the most popular sport in this country," Palansky says. "We're replacing the kid gloves with bare knuckles."

One ad aimed at Time Warner says, "Don't let Time Warner ruin your football season. You'll miss NFL games if you don't call and demand NFL Network now." Another targeting Cablevision, a provider in metro New York, warns, "Don't let Cablevision shut you out." The ad lists the channel's games and a toll-free number for NFL Network.

Time Warner Cable spokesman Mark Harrad says it "is still having discussions with the NFL Network." Cablevision's Marie Stenberg declined to comment.

Archived