Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox Games That You Can Play On Xbox 360?

GOSKINS_08

Actually they're constantly adding compatibility for XBOX games. They'll probably have compatibility for most of, if not all, XBOX games ... probably before the PS 3 is even released.

Had to do it. ;)

heheheh but the PS still has the PS1 games and PS 2 games :D

we could do this all day. :laugh:

The compatibility issue between Xbox and Xbox360 is not an issue for us. We put in a simple switch that connects both consoles to our HD gaming projector, a surround-sound system and router.

If an Xbox game runs on the 360, we put in that machine to take advantage of the better graphics. If it doesn't, we just run it on the regular Xbox, where it still has better graphics than a PS2 or gamecube ;)

The compatibility issue between Xbox and Xbox360 is not an issue for us. We put in a simple switch that connects both consoles to our projector and surround-sound system.

If an Xbox game runs on the 360, we put in that machine to take advantage of the better graphics. If it doesn't, we just run it on the regular Xbox, where it still has better graphics than a PS2 or gamecube ;)

yes the Xbox had better graphics for some of it's games, but honestly I didn't like some of it's flagship games, but others I did like.

Also, the issue isn't PS2 anymore, it's PS3, and that one is supposed to have better graphics then the 360.

Actually they're constantly adding compatibility for XBOX games. They'll probably have compatibility for most of, if not all, XBOX games ... probably before the PS 3 is even released.

Had to do it. ;)

They haven't updated their list in some time. What's really cruddy is that you can't play any recent current gen EA Sports titles on there. No AFL, no MVP NCAA baseball, and presumably no NFL Head Coach when that title arrives. It's pretty lame.

yes the Xbox had better graphics for some of it's games, but honestly I didn't like some of it's flagship games, but others I did like.

Also, the issue isn't PS2 anymore, it's PS3, and that one is supposed to have better graphics then the 360.

Given that the Xbox360 allows us to play games for perhaps a year in genuine 720p, and I don't currently plan to buy a 1080p display, I'm not sure the PS3 will give us a better experience.

That, combined with the Xbox Live offering compared to Sony online, meant buying the Xbox 360 was an easy choice. While I'm an xbox fan, if the PS3 is worth it, I can add that console to my setup and we'll still have had a great year's value out of the 360.

Life is not about EITHER OR, it's YES AND! :)

Given that the Xbox360 allows us to play games for perhaps a year in genuine 720p, and I don't currently plan to buy a 1080p display, I'm not sure the PS3 will give you us better experience.

That, combined with the Xbox Live offering compared to Sony online, meant buying the Xbox 360 was an easy choice. While I'm an xbox fan, if the PS3 is worth it, I can add that console to my setup and we'll still have had a great year's value out of the 360.

Life is not about EITHER OR, it's YES AND :)

I'll most likely get the PS3, and the XBox 360 is not going to be far behind. But with most systems, I generally don't go right and buy it until I know there are no bugs. I've heard a few horror stories with the 360, so I'll wait a year.

heheheh but the PS still has the PS1 games and PS 2 games :D

we could do this all day. :laugh:

Who in their right mind would want to play a PS1 game still? Its like having a DVD player that can also play VHS. Why have it? Playstations are garbage and are made cheaply on purpose with the intent for the consumer to pick up more then one. This is why there have been so many console units for Playstation sold. Xboxes are just a better quality console. Im not speaking for the PS3 because I dont know enough about it, but XBox is a far superior machine then both the PS1 and PS2 put together IMHO. This new 360, I think will even be better then the PS3 personally. What does Playstation have planned to compare with Xbox live? XBox will be the reason for the demise Playstation in the next 20 years :fortune:

No way it will be that expensive.

To quote Doc Holliday in "Tombstone" - "That is the rumor." If Sony does that they it can safely be said that they really have lost touch. For any hope of remaining competitive it will have to be under 600, probably even lower. My gut tells me that the HDDVD just will not catch on. Sony has a really bad track record with implementing storage media methods--see Atrac, Betamax, Memory Stick, Minidisc, etc.

To quote Doc Holliday in "Tombstone" - "That is the rumor." If Sony does that they it can safely be said that they really have lost touch. For any hope of remaining competitive it will have to be under 600, probably even lower. My gut tells me that the HDDVD just will not catch on. Sony has a really bad track record with implementing storage media methods--see Atrac, Betamax, Memory Stick, Minidisc, etc.

yeah but don't forget the PSP, lots of movies being made for that. Now Sony may have had a poor showing with Beta, but this is a different world now. Sony owns the rights to several movies that will ONLY be released in their Blu-Ray format. They have their movie companies, plus they bought half the library of anothers. Also, there is another movie company that said they will release movies in both formats. Therefore, Sony has quite the foothold for it's format.

I'll most likely get the PS3, and the XBox 360 is not going to be far behind. But with most systems, I generally don't go right and buy it until I know there are no bugs. I've heard a few horror stories with the 360, so I'll wait a year.

By waiting a year you're missing out on a whole year of fantastic High Definition gaming ... with your nose pressed against the store window wondering what it's really like to get your hands on the product! ;)

They haven't updated their list in some time. What's really cruddy is that you can't play any recent current gen EA Sports titles on there. No AFL, no MVP NCAA baseball, and presumably no NFL Head Coach when that title arrives. It's pretty lame.

That is true, but apparently Microsoft is hard at work, working on a massive update in the next month, that will allow you to play a whole slew of XBOX games on the 360.

Archived