Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bostic's Adventure to the Capital One Bowl

Bostic Hog

Well, I survived Orlando. No, it had nothing to do with Disney. It had everything to do with 5 straight days of FOOTBALL! HAHA

Most of you know that I'm a pretty big Penn State fan. I don't get to many games at Beaver Stadium in any given year. Not because I can't, but because I'm a Redskins season ticket holder and some concessions must be made to remain married to my lovely wife :) I did get to the Penn State vs. Ohio State game this year.

My uncle and his friend were already set to go to Orlando for the match up with LSU. Within the last week, I talked my dad into going to the game. Some long-needed father/son bonding. So we took the plunge.

We flew to Orlando at 6:00am on Wednesday. Our hotel was right on I-Drive, so we could be close to Pointe Orlando (where all of the pep-rallies and stuff were). We got to pose with the trophy :) Which, by the way, I picked up and must have weighed at least 75 lbs.

IMG_1361.jpg

I even caught Les Miles trying to check out Penn State's plays! :silly:

IMG_1364.jpg

We had a great Pep Rally on Wednesday -- at Pointe Orlando -- if you're ever there, be sure to check out "Adobe Gilas" -- pretty cool bar!

IMG_1360.jpg

Thursday, we went to the Peabody, the official Penn State Team Hotel. A contingent of Orlando Motorcycle cops was assigned to each team -- sporting team flags on the Harley's, decals, and the cops wearing team hats:

IMG_1369.jpg

New Year's Eve was filled with lots of drunkenness and "WE ARE PENN STATE" chants!!

Wednesday and Thursday, the weather was good. Mid 70s, kinda cloudy, but nice. Then came game day, Friday. MONSOON!!!!

This was our tailgate:

IMG_1374.jpg

Literally, a FREAKING SWAMP. LSU definitely gets the advantage in the game. Ankle deep water. And for those of you who watched the game, the field was horrible, the weather sucked. Here are a few photos of the game. Our seats were on the 5 yd line, 4th row of middle level, VERY GOOD SEATS.

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

OH YEAH, the game winning kick!!!!

IMG_1411.jpg

And the final score and post-game celebration:

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

And Darryl Clark getting his MVP award.

IMG_1429.jpg

Saturday and Sunday were filled with lots and lots of good food and beer!!! Although the weather went south, we had a great time. If you're a fan of college football, I highly recommend going to a big bowl game.

Oh yeah --- SEC SUCKS!!!! HAHA

Saw my team (FSU) led by my favorite player from them (Derrick Brooks #10) beat Notre Dame in that stadium as a kid. I have fond memories of that stadium because of that. My uncle won a state title in football there way back in the day as well.

I didn't really want to get into this part of it, but now I must:

The stadium is a WRECK. It's like 60 years old, the field was in the worst condition EVER for a game. The stadium is in the total worse section of Orlando, and the parking SUCKED! It was a total disgrace for the city of Orlando. Both games played there, the turf was absolute garbage.

Good stuff...I am waiting for when Penn State makes it to there next National Championship...And looking at the potential of Kevin Newsome, a National Championship might not be to far off

The problem is that Newsome played VERY little this year. We have no idea what we have yet.

The problem is that Newsome played VERY little this year. We have no idea what we have yet.

True he has not got much experience, but from what I've seen so far, and this video (

), he is going to make Pryor look like a snail

I like how everything is falling into place for Penn State, have a very athletic QB to run the spread HD, a young group of talented receivers (that actually have some height to them!), and two great running backs that compliment each other

*In the video fast forward to 1:20 mark, and see what he can do with his feet

Archived