Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Home Security Companies/Systems

skins1206

If i were licensed in MD, i would give you a call, but since i am not...I'll say stay away from ADT , seriously. For one they charge you an arm and a leg for monitoring, and their installers (if you want to call them that) short cut everything. I lost track of how many systems we updated that ADT previously installed, where we just laughed to ourselves and wondered how in the heck the thing was even working.

Pettibone Security Systems is licensed in MD i believe, yea ex Redskins coach Ritchie Pettibone son owns it, other than that, i haven't heard many good stories about other companies. Installation in a new home is a breeze, as long as you dont have drywall up already :) We LOVE new home installs lol

p.s. Look into a back up radio .. in case the power gets cut off or something like that when you are away from home, your system will still be on. Back up radios/batteries use cell phone antennas to call in alarms if your house has no power.

Thanks for the input. The dry wall will be up because the builder wont allow anyone to do work in there until the home is completed.

I have been reading good things about this alarm.com technology and a company, Front Point (home office in Virigina, relatively new) as a good company. Any word on them?

Thanks for the input. The dry wall will be up because the builder wont allow anyone to do work in there until the home is completed.

I have been reading good things about this alarm.com technology and a company, Front Point (home office in Virigina, relatively new) as a good company. Any word on them?

We use alarm.com in a lot of systems we install. its not a company, just a add on , you can also log into that site and arm/disarm your system when away from home, but you can also use your cell phone to arm/disarm the system.

http://www.alarm.com/about/

By law the "drywall" guy cant keep other people from doing any work in the house i dont think. The best time to install a alarm in a new home build is BEFORE the drywall goes up obviously, but its not impossible if it is in place already.

Gotcha. The one I referenced earlier is completely wireless. People have reviewed it well online, but I was curious as to your opinion on that?

I was hoping to get some poeple's experiences on here, do you have any friends in maryland that are happy with their service?

Gotcha. The one I referenced earlier is completely wireless. People have reviewed it well online, but I was curious as to your opinion on that?

I was hoping to get some poeple's experiences on here, do you have any friends in maryland that are happy with their service?

I have friends in MD yes, but none that i know of have/use alarm.com sorry :) We do all of our work in VA and DC lol Alarm.com is a very good tool, if i had time to put a alarm in my own home (lol) i would use it.

Actually PM me.. if you want the alarm done right, i will give you my boss's contact info, hes been in the alarms business for over 30 years, he is a walking encyclopedia on alarm systems lol

Wired if done before drywall, wireless if after. If you want all the windows done in the upper levels you might want to just pay the builder(sure its priced high but its rolled into the mortgage so isn't that bad.

Even if the drywall is up, you only have to do wireless on the windows (and in some rare instances, glass breaks or smoke/heat) if you run into someone that will do only wireless after drywall is up, they are lazy SOB's ;)

Archived