Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since we're gonna have the 32nd pick.......

Custer

(he prays....)

Who is the stud d'jour in College ball for DL....Should we tighten the middle, then look ends (Carter, Taylor, Evans, Daniels and James if they get healthy may be adequate for another year or two)

So:

1. Who are the DL , We need a coupld of active, BEEEG Guys....I mean we need the reincarnation of Dave Butz to clog that mess up and free our fast backers to blitz, or put more corner pressure on.

2. What about OL...Heyer will get healthy, but Rabach, Thomas and Jansen aint gettin younger, how is our depth there?...

I'm getting more chance to watch C-ball....Who is looking good on the line this year? What teams should be watched...????

I personally would like the Skins to either draft:

A) an outside linebacker

B) an O-lineman

C) a Corner

why?

A) As much as I like Marcus Washington, he's not getting younger or healthier and he's not 100% now. Khary Campbell to me is a great STer but I just don't like him as a starter. I was impressed by Fincher, but again not sure if he's really a starter or just another solid STer. HB Blades to me is our future MLB. OLB would be a good position to address.

B) This depends on what our coaches and Vinny feel about the future and present (2009) O-line. My guess is that Fabini and maybe Kendall won't be back next year. Samuels still seems to have it. Jansen and Heyer both seem to have it and will be back. That leaves Rinehart and Thomas as our guards and Rabach and Gesinger at C. The question is do we have a player who could be a decent to very good LT if needed? And is Rinehart ready to be a starter? And are Crummey and Brown good enough to fill in if needed?

Or do we just resign Kendall and Fabini?

If there's a BPA OL on the board, I think you got to think about taking him.

C) Springs and Smoot aren't getting any younger or healthier either. Rogers actually is "coming of age" and filling in well.....so who's our #2 of the future?

Leigh Torrence? I like him and he's played well in spot duty in the Arizona and Dallas game....but #2, not sure. Tryon....at this point no. Also no for Westbrook and Richardson. So maybe drafting another CB wouldn't be a bad idea. Granted, the Skins will take alot of flack if they do based on the # of CBs/S they've drafted high over the years.

The skins only have 4 picks in 2009 which I hate. The skins better trade out of number one and get a couple of picks first. Then Pick in the direction of the O-line/ D-lline and a Linebacker. I hope they realize the defense needs some better talent on that defensive line.

The skins only have 4 picks in 2009 which I hate. The skins better trade out of number one and get a couple of picks first. Then Pick in the direction of the O-line/ D-lline and a Linebacker. I hope they realize the defense needs some better talent on that defensive line.

I agree!!! :notworthy

Sen'Derrick Marks may come out for the draft a year early. He is rated the #1 DT for the 2010 draft but if he declares in 2009 he might drop a couple of rounds. I would love for the Redskins to draft him

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68068&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

or LB Tray Blackmon.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57311&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB

I agree with you about trading down for more picks, but I think your complaint doesn't have much merit. We don't have 2nd, 4th and 7th rounders this coming year. The #2 was traded as part of Jason Taylor coming here. He's banged up right now, but he is worth it, in my opinion. Hell, he deflected three passes in the Arizona game along.

The 4th we lost to the Jets for Pete Kendall, who has been very solid for us both last year and this year. I can't complain about that one at all, he solidified a problem area on our line.

The 7th was sent to Minnesota for Erasmus James. If James played even a few snaps for us, this would have been worth it, especially considering he's a former first rounder. He's been part of the rotation, and he's still pretty young. I would say this worked out well.

Do I wish we had more picks? Yes, but I have no problem with how some of them were spent this time around.

Unless we get an absolute steal at 32, we need to trade down. Standard theory being 1 first round pick for 2 later round picks. We need to pick smart, and not go for the sexy picks next year. Yes 1 O-lineman (a hybrid T/G ideally). Yes 1 D-lineman. Yes a cover corner. Tighten up the D. Look around right now. Their are 3 teams with amazing defenses playing well with little to no offense--Titans, Ravens, Bears. I like our safety play Horton/Landry '09=sick. LB's playing very smart (crossing my fingers that bug doesn't spread any further). We've got the two best pass rusing ends in the league, lets plug the middle with a huge freak of nature. I never feel comfortable with our corners-although they have been playing "better", the jury is still deliberating on that. Again I find it really hard to believe with FO/HC we won't draft offense with 32.

Sen'Derrick Marks may come out for the draft a year early. He is rated the #1 DT for the 2010 draft but if he declares in 2009 he might drop a couple of rounds. I would love for the Redskins to draft him

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68068&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT

or LB Tray Blackmon.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57311&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB

Blackmon is a very good LB at Auburn, but he is still very raw. I think he's a junior this year? So he is draft eligible, but he may fall. We need a LB that is more NFL ready.

Sen'Derrick Marks though, now he would definitely be solid. WIth the way e has played so far, if he declares I'm not sure he would fall past the 2nd. He would definitely be the good replacement for Griffin that will eventually be due.

If we really have a 1, 3, 5, and 7 (thought we even had less), then by trading down to get some 2nds like last year, we could potentially get a solid o-lineman and LB. Good LB's can be found across the draft anyways. A good CB would be just as nice too, unless Tryon does something to prove he is good depth. RIght now he is still being beat out by Torrence and even Moore and Doughty.

Archived