Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Newsday: Resentment Simmers in Obama, Clinton Camps

Goaldeje

Click Link for More:

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/saturday/nation/ny-uscamp285744661jun28,0,596512.story

The name of the town was Unity, not Warmth.

Hillary Rodham Clinton stood side-by-side with former foe Barack Obama Friday against a backdrop chosen for its all-for-one name to declare their alliance as "unstoppable" - even as a noticeable chill lingered between rivals who spent 17 months in bitter political battle.

Clinton and Obama, both wearing slightly different shades of Democrat blue, lavished praise on each other and exhorted a crowd of 2,000 supporters to put aside their grudges to unite behind Obama.

"For anyone who voted for me and is considering not voting, or voting for Senator McCain, I strongly urge you to reconsider," she said, as Obama smiled while seated on a stool 2 feet away.

"I am proud we had a spirited dialogue - that's the nicest way I could think of putting it," she said to a smattering of laughter. Later, she predicted her support of the Illinois senator would create "an unstoppable force for change we can all believe in."

Yesterday, Bill and Hillary Clinton even contributed $2,300 each to Obama's general election effort - a day after Obama and his wife, Michelle, chipped in the same amount to help Clinton pay off campaign debt.

Despite the show of unity, simmering resentments still remain, particularly among Clinton backers who want Obama to offer her the vice-presidential slot, or think she should have taken her fight to the convention floor.

Cornelia Lewis, 57, of Denver, was among a small but vocal contingent of Clinton volunteers who defied their candidate's call for unity. "I'm here to support Hillary. Myself and a lot of her supporters in Colorado are adamant in not going for Obama," Lewis said. "I will either not vote, or I will vote for John McCain."

Click Link for More:

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/saturday/nation/ny-uscamp285744661jun28,0,596512.story

I'm so sick of the Hillary supporters. If you want to vote for McCain..do it.

But just please shut up about it.

Doesn't that suck?

The ingrates that won't accept the Obamamessiah should just be silent and take it like a man. ;)

I have an idea. You worry about your own party and I'll worry about mine. How about that? :silly:

I don't have a party....I have to worry about all of ya'lls instead.

I am however represented by Dems(which kinda sucks,this being Texas and all :silly: )

Did anyone else catch CNN's psychoanalysis of HC and BO's body language during the speech and on the plane? Freaking hilarious. He's scratching his chin (good), his arm is up though (bad), she faces her bellybutton to him (good), their eye contact is only 2 seconds (bad), they had an unscripted laugh (good), he doesn't want her to fall backwards off her stool (good). Give me a ****ing break. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else catch CNN's psychoanalysis of HC and BO's body language during the speech and on the plane? Freaking hilarious. He's scratching his chin (good), his arm is up though (bad), she faces her bellybutton to him (good), their eye contact is only 2 seconds (bad), they had an unscripted laugh (good), he doesn't want her to fall backwards off her stool (good). Give me a ****ing break. :rolleyes:

I saw that too. I don't put much stock in it. :)

Archived