Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Re-Sale Warning

Mark The Homer

I was already aware of this:

Washington Redskins tickets and parking passes are licenses granted only to ticket holders and may be revoked at any time for any reason. Renewal of ticket and parking privileges is at the sole discretion of the Washington Redskins.

...and this:

Season ticket packages may not be advertised or sold at any price. Resale of individual tickets for all or most of the regular season is prohibited.

But a member just PM'ed me and alerted me to new language on the back of his season ticket invoice for 2008. Sure enough, it's on mine too. I'm 95% certain this has changed from last year. I know this language was not on the back of game tickets last year. See this sentence on the back of your 2008 invoice:

Re-sale of individual tickets for individual games is only permitted through the Washington Redskins authorized fan-to-fan marketplace, currently StubHub.

This, of course, means any selling of tickets within this forum, even at face value or below face value, subjects the ticket holder to having is account revoked. :(

Not sure if this applies to premium seats.

The good news is, the Redskins haven't enforced any of these kinds of rules for a good 5 years now, so we probably don't have to be too concerned. But still, a little anonymitity regarding seat numbers may be in order when advertising on this site. :)

Thanks Mark, updated my sale thread, sucks, because doesn't stubhub charge you a fortune to sell tickets?

I am sure that is why Snyder is doing it....

Does anyone remember a few years ago when he tried to say the only way you could credit card you could use for your season tickets was the Redskins card? That is until the credit card company told him it was illegal.:doh:

I was already aware of this:

Washington Redskins tickets and parking passes are licenses granted only to ticket holders and may be revoked at any time for any reason. Renewal of ticket and parking privileges is at the sole discretion of the Washington Redskins.

But a member just PM'ed me and alterted me to new language on the back of his season ticket invoice for 2008. Sure enough, it's on mine too. I'm 95% certain this has changed from last year. I know this language was not on the back of game tickets last year. See this sentence on the back of your 2008 invoice:

Re-sale of individual tickets for individual games is only permitted through the Washington Redskins authorized fan-to-fan marketplace, currently StubHub.

This, of course, means any selling of tickets within this forum, even at face or below face, subjects the ticket holder to having is account revoked. :(

Not sure if this applies to premium seats.

The good news is, the Redskins haven't enforced any of these kinds of rules for a good 4-5 years now, so we probably don't have to be too concerned. But still, a little anonymitity regarding seat numbers may be in order when advertising on this site. :)

Also compared to last years ticket, it specifies that tickets can not be sold on stadium grounds. It will be interesting to see if the scalpers wll be doing the same thing as previous years (at FedEx (parking lot), at the cash lot bus stop at church of Jericho). Again, I doubt it will be enforced.

The good news is, the Redskins haven't enforced any of these kinds of rules for a good 4-5 years now, so we probably don't have to be too concerned. But still, a little anonymitity regarding seat numbers may be in order when advertising on this site. :)

If you use the same e-mail on this site that you use as a contact for the Redskins, I would think they could identify you that way, if they really wanted to.

On a side note, did anyone notice the $3.00 convenience fee for paying your ticket invoice online? Nice touch. :rolleyes:

I put mine in the mail this morning. I'd rather take the chance of it getting lost than pay a ridiculous fee like that.

On a side note, did anyone notice the $3.00 convenience fee for paying your ticket invoice online? Nice touch. :rolleyes:

I put mine in the mail this morning. I'd rather take the chance of it getting lost than pay a ridiculous fee like that.

Yeah, that's new. I don't have a problem with that, because the new online ticket payment system is very easy, convenient, and takes the guess work out of wondering for sure if you account has been credited properly, etc. That's worth three bucks to me. Also, if you use a debit card like a credit card, you can get up to 1.5% back, and that's significantly more than the $3 fee. :)

Another thing that's new is the offer to sell you on-site parking passes for $70 each - pre-season only. I am pretty sure most of the members on here know better than to purchase those.

I can't imagine they'll investigate the resale of any tickets unless they are general admission, lower level, sideline, seating. Those are the only seats where the consumer can consistantly make a profit on the resale. Good luck cashing in with any other seating locations.

I don't see any problem with these policies. The team is simply trying to ensure that the stadium is half-empty on game days.

The real test will be if he decides to enforce hustlers row at the stadium.

The PGPD and FedEx security have been very easy on these guys in recent years.:)

I pray that it continues that way b/c I'll have trouble getting friends to my tailgates if the $20 ticket pipeline evaporates under stricter enforcement.:(

This new language is obviously meant to generate business for stub hub. And give the team the right to harass other ticket agencies. I seriously doubt they would waste the time to police ES, even though they could. Either way, one should not list exact seat location in an ad.

They have a real problem then, because what if the person that they sell the tickets to on stubhub goes out and does something and gets arrested (Like last year at the bears game and the ticketholder lost his tickets)? I think that they have that clause in there just in case the person you sell the tickets to does something during the game that could cause them to come back and revoke your tickets. I doubt very sincerely that they are going to take away your tickets if you are going the games and just selling them to your friends. They may go after people who sell their tickets on EBAY, since it competes with stubhub. That actually may be something that they enforce.

I can't imagine they'll investigate the resale of any tickets unless they are general admission, lower level, sideline, seating. Those are the only seats where the consumer can consistantly make a profit on the resale. Good luck cashing in with any other seating locations.

funny!!!

They have a real problem then, because what if the person that they sell the tickets to on stubhub goes out and does something and gets arrested (Like last year at the bears game and the ticketholder lost his tickets)? I think that they have that clause in there just in case the person you sell the tickets to does something during the game that could cause them to come back and revoke your tickets. I doubt very sincerely that they are going to take away your tickets if you are going the games and just selling them to your friends. They may go after people who sell their tickets on EBAY, since it competes with stubhub. That actually may be something that they enforce.

I gave away tickets to fellow Esers a few years back and I put a clause in to the winners (I drew names out of a hat) that if they resold the tickets, gave away the tickets or got in any trouble that caused my tickets to be revoked that they would be responsible for the remainder of the season and future season if I lost my season ticket privleges.

What do they care if people are actually in the seats???? as long as they get the money for them?????

Because if people are in the seats they are buying hot dogs, beverages etc...

It is best to both have the seats sold and people present together.

Because if people are in the seats they are buying hot dogs, beverages etc...

It is best to both have the seats sold and people present together.

And for that reason I suspect that Danny may turn a blind eye to ticket hustling at FedEx.

It looks a lot better to have seats filled when the TO is forever marketing the season ticket waitlist and the so called high demand for all tix.

We already have an empty seat problem in the 400 level as it is, and we sure as hell don't need any less people in the stadium on game days.

Since the redskins have that deal with stubhub, it sucks because they get a cut of tickets that they already sold to season ticket holders and vendors. Basically, they don't want to be the ones out there peddling tickets when they can get every day people to buy tickets from them, turn around, sell them to other fans like myself who didn't have season tickets before this year, and make some extra cash. I am a capitalist, but believe me, I don't like this idea of selling something twice and getting money off of it and basically trying to strong arm people into one company over another.

They did this a couple of years ago when the redskins wanted to use master card exclusively and they found that it was a violation of some sort of anti-trust law or something or rather. They had to back off it. I guess if someone is really peeved about the stub hub setup they could probably go to court and see what a judge or jury might have to say about the legality of selling something twice.

I must note that I detest lawsuit and lawyers, so I wouldn't even think about doing something like this. I don't like the set-up, but I wouldn't dare get in the way of trying to make money. My opinion is, if you don't like it, don't buy it or use the service.

Archived