Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry Porter

SkinSince87

I say let's get him as a second option at wr if we can't get any other big name wr. But I don't think he is worth the big bucks. I also believe he migt be alright here seeing how he would be playing for his home town team! He has the size and speed we need so why not, **** he is way better than keenan, b.lloyd and reche. The 3 I just named most likely won't be on the squad next year anyway. imo!

Jerry Porter has opted out of his contract he was due 5 mil and then 7 mil im not sure I 'm willing to give him that kind of money but he's 6'2", 220 and from D.C. maybe a hometown discount what do you guys think?

I like his size and abilities (we could definitely use some bigger targets at WR) but the price tag is too high for someone who's had a history of attitude problems

granted, he has been with the highly dysfunctional Raiders so he has a right to have an attitude...I just get the impression that too much of the "bad" Randy Moss rubbed off on Porter

dude... I had him on my fantasy team and DROPPED his sorry butt.

I don't agree that Reche won't be on the team next year. Maybe even Keenan, too, to teach some young guy that we draft in the later rounds, where you can still find possession recievers.

JB

I say let's get him as a second option at wr if we can't get any other big name wr. But I don't think he is worth the big bucks. I also believe he migt be alright here seeing how he would be playing for his home town team! He has the size and speed we need so why not, **** he is way better than keenan, b.lloyd and reche. The 3 I just named most likely won't be on the squad next year anyway. imo!

The only reason I might take Porter over Keenan is because of the age factor but Keenan has definitely has a better career. AlsoI'm not sure if Porter is better than Caldwell at this point.

I know one of Jerry Porter's cousins, and he's always told me that Jerry hated it in Oakland and that he thinks he's held back by that team.

If he wanted to take like half the money he was due next year, I might be interested; I don't see that happening, though.

Well ... he's been relatively quiet this year actually. Before that one year in Oakland with Art Shell, he wasn't much of a malcontent. Not willing to pay him 5 mil or anything like that, but he is a talented WR. And if he's from here, who knows? Maybe he'd be a heck of alot happier with more talent surrounding him?

I'd consider it but that isn't where I would look to spend the FA money.

Besides the good reasons already listed I would expand:

He will turn 30 during Training Camp.

He has never had a 1,000 yard season.

In 8 seasons he has played 16 games 4 times (starting 16 games twice).

He got these stats opposite Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Randy Moss (i.e. about what we could expect from him opposite S. Moss - IOW these aren't fluke career stats where he was triple covered).

He isn't a TD machine: His best year [2004] he had 9 TDs which tied him for 12th in the league

This isn't an insane signing for some teams, he doesn't "suck" (this year his Avg on his 744 yrds off of some bad QB's put him 8th in the league) but I do not think he makes sense for the Redskins next year

I'd give him a look if the price was right.

Funny story about Porter. One time I was waiting to see a doctor when this dude that had a business relationship with Porter (I won't disclose the nature but it was very clear) comes in and starts talking about the finances of Porter and his Mother in great detail...very personal information that I wouldn't expect anyone would want aired in public. This went on for at least 15 minutes and I was able to catch the guy's name as he had identified himself to the caller.

About a year later one of my employees tells me about a new guy that her Mother had started dating....and what he did for a living. Turns out it was Mr Mouth from the Dr's office.

I don't think he is going to get as much as he thinks on the market. I also believe that he wasn't used properly and if he had a decent offensive system and a decent QB, then he would be pretty good.

Didn't the Skins look at him while he was on the trading block a couple of years ago? I am interested in him for the right price.

I like Porter and Andre Davis. We'll see.

But, what do I know? I am just a dumb beyatch!

Archived