Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recent Sports Comments

codeorama

Has anyone heard the comments made by Rickey Henderson and Mike Tyson recently that ESPN has been playing over and over?

They are funny as crap.

First up:

Mike Tyson: "I'm just going to fade into Bolivian"

Rickey Henderson: "My physical condition is in excellent condition"

Anybody got any other idiot comments they can remember?

Originally posted by redman

Well there's the famous one from Theisman which has him saying something wonderfully and inherently ironic to the effect that, "Athletes aren't geniuses. Real geniuses are guys like Norman Einstein." :laugh:

:laugh: I had never heard that......... That's pretty good.

I'm sure everyone has head Yogi Berra's "90% of baseball is half mental"

no verbal miscue gems to contribute, but I did read today that part of Tyson's recent 'erratic behavior' that resulted in cancellation of his bout with Etienne was him having his face tatooed. Now this is going to be something to see. Any guesses on what one puts on their face in the 21st century? My guess...a third eye smack dab in the middle of his forehead (why? obvious...so he can keep an eye on his wallet while he sleeps!).

Evil... never heard that one either, that's classic....

On Sportscenter, they said Tyson probably got ill because of the Tattoo ink in his face from the "large tattoo" on it he recently got.... what an idiot...

FYI- My brother played for the Dodgers for 6 years, Mickey Hatcher was one of his coaches in the minors, he told me this story about Tommy Lasorda while I was visiting:

Tommy got caught shoplifting salt and pepper shakers from a fancy italian restaraunt in L.A. during the World Series season of 1988, the restaraunt mananger just wanted the shakers back and Lasorda said he didn't have them. They asked what the big lump was in his pocket and his reply was "Heeeeeey... I'm Italian, what can I say"

Originally posted by Kilmer17

I cant remember the NBA player who said it, but when asked by Costas if he was comfortable shooting with either hand, he replied "Sh!t Bob, Im amphibious"

I was thinking of this one too, Kilmer. Only I recall it being attributed to Charles Shackleford of NC State back in the mid-80s. Not that he actually said it, mind you ... but that's who I HEARD had said it. :)

Archived